Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEYOND EXCITED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEYOND EXCITED!

So, yesterday, while celebrating my mother, I get an email from MyFico that two of my credit scores changed. Curious and knowing it's usually only a few points, I logged in and to look. Low and behold my EQ went up 28 points and my Transunion went up 68 points! OMG! So excited! My scores still aren't that great but I'm in the 600's on one and really close on the other two. Also, I was browsing Credit Karma and it gave me a "good" chance of getting approved for the Barclay Rewards card, even though my scores on CK are both around 560 for some reason. I decided to pull the trigger and I got approved for $1300 CL! It's the highest limit I have thus far. I'm well on my way to excellent credit so soon after my BK7 discharge in January! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEYOND EXCITED!

congrats on the score increases & approval!

I always wonder when i read someone say their CK score is much lower...mine is about 50 points higher. crazy how that's even possible lol

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 3 of 13
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 13
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!!! Credit Karma told me my odds were "good" for the Barclays card back in January, I applied, and was quickly declined. Did the same for Discover and received the same outcome-declined. My scores were in the very low 600's than. I haven't tried either of those two cards again, however I did apply for a Cap One card today and was stoked to receive an approval. I assume the 2 secured cards I opened in February really helped. Best of luck to you.
Message 7 of 13
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Awesome Job, keep up the great work!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 8 of 13
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Good for you!   The Barclays approval was the cherry on top!

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats !!!! Credit Karma told me my odds were "good" for the Barclays card back in January, I applied, and was quickly declined. Did the same for Discover and received the same outcome-declined. My scores were in the very low 600's than. I haven't tried either of those two cards again, however I did apply for a Cap One card today and was stoked to receive an approval. I assume the 2 secured cards I opened in February really helped. Best of luck to you.

through reading this forum, I've read that you have to have a solid payment history with other cards prior to being approved for the Barclaycard. the first card I got was the first Premier card. then I was approved for a Capital One secured. after the Capital One secured hit my credit report, I was pre approved for the Quiksilver one and the platinum Capital One card. Last month I was browsing on the Express site and was able to use the shopping cart trick and got pre approved for the Express card. and just the other day when I was on that credit Karma site is when I seen that I had good ID to be approved for the Barclaycard and pulled the trigger on it. I would give it a few months and try again.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.