Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG Difference in Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG Difference in Scores

Like most others in this part of the forum, I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit.  I'm at the point now where I've done as much cleaning/repair as possible and I just have to do the waiting game and let the positive history build more.  I monitor my Equifax score though myFICO  Score Watch and purchase my TransUnion score from the same site quarterly.  Another thing that I've done is to access my TransUnion FAKO score through Credit Karma to watch for trends - free is good when I'm only looking for trends!  I realize that this score is not accurate and I've read in this forum that many people are surprised when they purchase their true FICO score to find the score lower than the FAKO.  Over the past year, I've found the opposite to be true - my FICO score has been higher than the one reported by Credit Karma, but only by a few points.  I decided to purchase my TransUnion score today from myFICO and was shocked (very pleasantly) to find the score about 55 points higher than the score showing on CreditKarma this morning.  Progress has been slow, but I've managed to raise my Equifax and TransUnion scores over 100 points in the last year and I'm now at the point where, even if my Experian score is low), I should be able to qualify for a mortgage.  I'm grateful to everyone on the forum for the excellent advice and your willingness to share your experiences. 

P.S. - I decided to run the spell check on this post and the system didn't recognize myFICO.  Kind of funny.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BIG Difference in Scores

Congratulations!!  100 points...that's great.  It must be such a great feeling.  Very happy for you.  I hope to be in your shoes next year.  I recently started this journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.