Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Chapter 7 question

tag
monieleazenby
Established Member

Re: BK Chapter 7 question

We rented an apartment which was only in his name which he obtained after the marriage. We had nothing together in terms of assets, I just met him three weeks prior to the marriage, and made a foolish choice to marry him because he was going over to Iraq and he wanted a wife, I was young. I was never informed by letter of any BK nor verbally. I plan to fight this one out due to the fact even if I had the worst credit in the world I would never file for a BK. I am an accountant and that type of permanent mark on my credit is just something I wouldn't choose to do on my own behalf. I rather stick it out with bad credit. There is nothing wrong with someone claiming BK but from the past years all the times I was declined a line of credit, credit cards, and so forth I can certainly understand what influence a BK has on lenders. 

Regardless of what occurred I'm affected by it now and have to fight it until there is nothing more I can do. My new husband has already told me to just let it fall off my report its only a year more, however I've lived with this unknowingly for so long now that it's time even if it's the end of the run to do something about it. I am shocked in myself that I never thought to pull my own credit report until last week. Honestly I assumed it was the medical bills that reflected all the denials I received in the past. After reading so many post on this site and others given my profession as an accountant of all things, I was not knowledgeable in this aspect of the Credit Reporting cycle. In terms of all what entailed it. So the loan officer has told me yesterday, that he will keep in touch with me monthly and see what happens in terms of the BK. Outside of the BK he said I'm only 50 points from getting my mortgage. At that I'm not even sure how long that will take either .  I can only hope the BK will be deleted. My luck of course it won't and I will have to just continue to fight against it.

Thank you all for all your feedback it's been encouraging.

Kind Regards

Monie

Starting Score: 591
Current Score: 480
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
monieleazenby
Established Member

OMG,

I just got an email from the Pacer courts that the BK is as follows

That case is for a MOD CUT from Fresno, CA. The last four of her SSN are MOD CUT You will want to provide this information to the credit reporting agencies and have them do an investigation

That is the same person that had a walmart on my credit that Experian found yesterday I can't believe it, it had nothing to do with my ex-husband and all this time I had a BK on my credit report for nine years. MINDBLOWING

Smiley Sad

mod cut- personal information, full name

Message 22 of 25
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@monieleazenby wrote:

OMG,

I just got an email from the Pacer courts that the BK is as follows

That case is for a MOD CUT from Fresno, CA. The last four of her SSN are mod cut. You will want to provide this information to the credit reporting agencies and have them do an investigation

That is the same person that had a walmart on my credit that Experian found yesterday I can't believe it, it had nothing to do with my ex-husband and all this time I had a BK on my credit report for nine years. MINDBLOWING

Smiley Sad

Amazing what can be sitting in your credit reports! I'm betting that you will now get your free annual credit report to review. All the best going forward.

Message 23 of 25
monieleazenby
Established Member

What is the experian phone number I need to get a hold of them please help

Message 24 of 25
ptilda
Established Contributor

Wow, sounds SO much like my story. Met him 2 weeks before we eloped in Vegas. 

It gets better, I promise. I remember calling my mom bawling because his garnishment cleaned out my bank account. Thought I'd never see the light of day again. 

I wish you fortune and TRUE love!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.