Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK ch. 7, 7 years now 10

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK ch. 7, 7 years now 10

When I filed and got d/c for my ch. 7 BK in 2009, they told me it would fall off my record in 7 years. I figured okay, that's fine. There's not much in doing in the next 7 years. Now I'm hearing and learning it's TEN years!! Has it always been 10 years and no one told me? It would be nice in the next couple years to get a house but no bank will want to touch us with my BK. Smiley Sad it's going to take a while for my score to be anywhere near the high 700's with that being drug around. *sigh*
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK ch. 7, 7 years now 10

@Anonymous wrote:
When I filed and got d/c for my ch. 7 BK in 2009, they told me it would fall off my record in 7 years. I figured okay, that's fine. There's not much in doing in the next 7 years. Now I'm hearing and learning it's TEN years!! Has it always been 10 years and no one told me? It would be nice in the next couple years to get a house but no bank will want to touch us with my BK. Smiley Sad it's going to take a while for my score to be anywhere near the high 700's with that being drug around. *sigh*

Its always been ten years from date of filing per FCRA. Whoever told you it was seven was mistaken.

Yeah, you're going to be stuck at the low 700's until it falls off.

Not sure who's telling you no bank will touch you - there are plenty of lenders that will do mortgages once you are 24 months past discharge date. Have you actually spoken with a broker?

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BK ch. 7, 7 years now 10

As stated CH 7 always been 10 years, is 7 years for a CH13

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.