Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK question

tag
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

BK question

Has anyone ever heard of a BK being removed from a CBR early?  Mine is scheduled for drop off  on Jan 2013 and was wondering if there is someway to speed up the process.  I'm hoping it boosts my score a few points when it does fall off.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xcallmeclayx
New Contributor

Re: BK question

I dont have an answer for you but Im in to see what others say. My (future) brother in-law has a bankruptcy on his reports and Im sure he would love to hear of possible ways to get it removed.

Starting Score 5/10/2012: EQ: 631 EX: 570 TU: 583
Current Score: EQ: 710 (MyFico) EX: 740 (CreditInform) TU: 709 (WalMart)
NEW Goal Score: 750 All Across 1st Goal: Achieved 6/7/2013 690 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
Queeniam
Established Member

mine has been 10yrs this year and i'm wondering the same thing, it's still there on all three...if I'm supposed to do something or will it just fall off

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Queeniam wrote:

mine has been 10yrs this year and i'm wondering the same thing, it's still there on all three...if I'm supposed to do something or will it just fall off

I think at 10 it should fall off but I would call all three bureaus to give them a nudge.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unless some issue of its accuracy is contested, it will sit until the CRA excludes it based on FCRA 605(a).  No one is likely to initiate any review other than the normal monitoring of its required exclusion date.

The CRAs will often exclude prior to the maximum date to ensure their compliance with section 605(a).

I would not contact the CRA until the max period has expired, and CR exclusion has not occured.  They have a statutory obligation to be monitoring its exclusion date,  and I would presume they are doing so.

Message 5 of 7
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Thanks RobertEG

Message 6 of 7
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I filed Chapter 7, 10/2003.  The crazy part is I changed my mind and decided to pay the debt (at the last minute) and the BK was dismissed, which as you know remains on your file for 10 yrs.  The BK is scheduled to drop 10.2013,  Surprisingly, it dropped from EX sometime during the  end of last year 12' --- it remains on TU and EQ.  Its been a long wait, but at least its closer than it was . . . .

HotPoint

5.25.12 - EQ 683

5.15.12 - Trans 680

5.30.12 - EX 780 Vantage

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.