Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Second Chance

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

BOA Second Chance

I know that there are other forums on this, but they all seem outdated, so I just wanted to ask again:

I've been in the process of re-building (and am still working).  That said, I'm planning for the future when my scores increase. I've been a looonggg  time BofA customer and do my banking through them so I would love to have a CC with them. However, I burned them on a card that they eventually sold and I...have been long unable to re-pay. The negative will fall of my credit at the end of 2015, and I'd like to re-apply with them. However, I've heard that they have a tendency to black list customers who have burned them.

Has anyone had this experience recently...or hopefully...been able to get a second card with them?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Mike11208
New Contributor

Re: BOA Second Chance

When I was 25 I burned them for 2000 dollars. I am now 33, and just got their secured card, previously they denied me for it. 

Message 2 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thankx....that's great to know!  Had you paid off the card you burned them on

Message 3 of 7
Mike11208
New Contributor

Negative, it actually fell off my report.

Message 4 of 7
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

I'd love a secured card as well. I have a CO From 2010 which is with Midland for $1300, but would love a second chance

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 5 of 7
freak4tech
New Contributor

burned boa 6 years ago, 3 years later paid the debt in FULL. Been banking with them for years. have personal, business, savings, CD accounts with them. Have NOT been able to get an unsecured card with them. Whenever i apply i get denied and finally caved and went for the secured card which i was approved for and put 5k deposit on it. 

Amex Business Gold NPSL ( 85k internal limit ) - AMEX Everyday $4200 - Chase Freedom $5500 - Discovery it $1300 - BOA Secured $4900 - Cap1 Sparks $1250 - Cap1 Spark Business $1500

2/18/2015
Fico EQ 682 - EX 691 - TU 699
1 boa baddie from 10/08 dying to get this removed
Message 6 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I'm ok applying for a secured card with them since it graduates. I just finished car shopping so I have a million inquiries. Plus did some secured shopping earlier in the year....got Cap 1...but was afraid to apply with BOA. I'm going to wait 6 mos..and see if they'll give me one then. NFCU turned me down..sighting that I'd caused them a loss...so I was even more scared of BofA

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.