Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured Card

tag
MsMiami
Valued Member

BOA Secured Card

Hi all,

My first CC was the BOA secured card 99/500.... then I couldn't handle it, got charged off and it's due to fall off 12/2014....

My question is, Will I be able to get this card again? (Still rebuilding and I think this would be a great card to continue to rebuild with)

Does anyone know if BOA is forgiving?

..............................................................................................................................
Credit score: 01/2016 TU 669
Fingerhut (2,200) | Express (2,650) | Cap1 Secured (200) | Credit1 (1,000) | | Quicksilver (600) | JCP (3,500) | VS (2,350) | Jared (3,000) | Walmart (4,000) | Bloomingdales (600) | Nordstrom (2,000) | Old Navy (4,000) | nRewards (5,000) | Barclay (1,500) |
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Secured Card

Admittedly I haven't looked in the CC board in a while, but I haven't seen too many mentions about the 99/500. Back when I got mine in '07, everyone talked about it on these forums. I know it's still offered but less frequently than before it appear. I bet if it fell off you'd be in a better shape for it. Is it listed as paid?

Message 2 of 8
MsMiami
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

Admittedly I haven't looked in the CC board in a while, but I haven't seen too many mentions about the 99/500. Back when I got mine in '07, everyone talked about it on these forums. I know it's still offered but less frequently than before it appear. I bet if it fell off you'd be in a better shape for it. Is it listed as paid?

It's unpaid.... Does that make a difference once it's deleted? (just curious)

..............................................................................................................................
Fingerhut (2,200) | Express (2,650) | Cap1 Secured (200) | Credit1 (1,000) | | Quicksilver (600) | JCP (3,500) | VS (2,350) | Jared (3,000) | Walmart (4,000) | Bloomingdales (600) | Nordstrom (2,000) | Old Navy (4,000) | nRewards (5,000) | Barclay (1,500) |
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@MsMiami wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Yes, it can with some creditors. 

Message 4 of 8
MsMiami
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

@MsMiami wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Yes, it can with some creditors. 

oh wow, didnt even know. I thought if it's deleted, it's deleted. That sucks Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Even if deleted on your CRs, it doesn't mean the creditor has to forgive the debt. IIRC, Amex has a long memory. Seems like there are some posts in here of those applying 10-15 years after an unpaid default only to be reminded by Amex that money is still owed, and will often follow the announcement up with an offer of credit if the prev. balance is paid off. Other creditors claim to have a long memory but forget after a while. I had a CO with Discover that was paid a couple of years later and they told me I could never have credit again. Ten years after receiving that letter, they issued a new CC after applying. Never would hurt to try, but I'd certainly would wait until paid and/or wait until it drops. BofA definitely would see it now.

Message 6 of 8
MsMiami
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

Even if deleted on your CRs, it doesn't mean the creditor has to forgive the debt. IIRC, Amex has a long memory. Seems like there are some posts in here of those applying 10-15 years after an unpaid default only to be reminded by Amex that money is still owed, and will often follow the announcement up with an offer of credit if the prev. balance is paid off. Other creditors claim to have a long memory but forget after a while. I had a CO with Discover that was paid a couple of years later and they told me I could never have credit again. Ten years after receiving that letter, they issued a new CC after applying. Never would hurt to try, but I'd certainly would wait until paid and/or wait until it drops. BofA definitely would see it now.

got ya! thanks for your reply and the info! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Why bother with BofA if you burned them? Go elsewhere. Need recommendations, just ask. There are many others from which to choose that will help you rebuilt your credit profile.

Maybe its just me but I have developed a an aversion to all big/mega banks. Local credit unions and smaller regional banks are the institutions that I now do business with and will continue to do so.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.