cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA declined me of a secured credit card...... now what?

tag
benben7
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA declined me of a secured credit card...... now what?

You should still call them anyway/ I don't know if my dad was a member but I was still able to join. My father passed away 20 years ago. You can still join but you will not be able to you all of the services they provide. I just need them for the secured credit card and my car loan. The other stuff like insurance is no big deal to me. The credit card fees are great. I heard they may go public, but that was rumor from antoher credit union. Trust me, it doesn't hurt to talk to them. They are very nice. They are not like a big bank.

benben7

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@benben7 wrote:

You should still call them anyway/ I don't know if my dad was a member but I was still able to join. My father passed away 20 years ago. You can still join but you will not be able to you all of the services they provide. I just need them for the secured credit card and my car loan. The other stuff like insurance is no big deal to me. The credit card fees are great. I heard they may go public, but that was rumor from antoher credit union. Trust me, it doesn't hurt to talk to them. They are very nice. They are not like a big bank.

benben7

sounds like a good idea... i will give them a call and ask them. like you said.... never hurts to just ask. 

do you know if they report to all three credit bureau's (transunion, experian, & equifax)?

Also you said  their fee's were great... what exactly are their credit card fee's?

Thanks again benben7 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elizabethd1012 wrote:
^ I don't agree with this Orchard Bank has a pre-approval credit card selection process where you won't have an inquiry on your credit report unless you actually apply for the credit card.  You input basic info and it pulls the credit cards that you may be able to get approved for and then it gives you a list of cards to chose from and at that point you are able to read through the terms of each card and select which one you want to apply for.  I have done this without a single inquiry on my credit report.

I think he means that if you accept the Orchard "offer" they can still decline you and then there definitely will be an INQ on your CR.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@benben7 wrote:

benben7

sounds like a good idea... i will give them a call and ask them. like you said.... never hurts to just ask. 

do you know if they report to all three credit bureau's (transunion, experian, & equifax)?

Also you said  their fee's were great... what exactly are their credit card fee's?

Thanks again benben7 

Yes, they do report to all 3.  Their fees are generally very low, but if you are talking about interest rates then it depends on your status with them (i.e. military vs. civilian), your credit profile and the type of card you have.  Generally speaking, though, their interest rates are far, far better than all the big banks.
Message 24 of 28
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This sucks... I have disputed a few items on my credit reports and found out today that 3 accounts on my Transunion Credit Report were deleted due to the disputes. Have not got the results yet for Experian and Equifax. Should be complete by the 02/23/2010. 

If there is the possibility that you may have derogatory items dropping off your credit reports soon, you may want to be patient a little bit longer. When you apply, you want to give yourself the best shot possible.
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, they do report to all 3.  Their fees are generally very low, but if you are talking about interest rates then it depends on your status with them (i.e. military vs. civilian), your credit profile and the type of card you have.  Generally speaking, though, their interest rates are far, far better than all the big banks.

Thanks for the reply....... but do you know if this bank actually declines people for secured cards like bank of america does? 

I do not wanna take another chance right now on getting declined.... I need the next one to be a sure deal. As I am in the process of working removing negativity on my credit reports, as we speak. So if the best thing for me to do is actually wait a few more months or maybe even a year, then I am willing to do so. I would much rather get a secured card and start getting positive payment history and time on my side with a postive account, but if I have to wait then so be it.

I will be mailing out 1 Good Will Letter and 3 Debt Validation Letters tomorrow. Cross your fingers and wish me luck.  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynetteM wrote:
If there is the possibility that you may have derogatory items dropping off your credit reports soon, you may want to be patient a little bit longer. When you apply, you want to give yourself the best shot possible.

I am atleast hoping the same happens  on my other two CR's.... and with the Good Will, I really feel like I might get another good one there. I hope anyway. 

You are right....... I prolly should just go ahead and see how things go for atleast the next six months. 

Thank you all so much for all  your advice and tips. You all are very appreciated. 

I am so glad I found this site. First time in several years, that I really feel like I gotta chance to make everything good for myself and my family.

Thanks

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply....... but do you know if this bank actually declines people for secured cards like bank of america does? 

I do not wanna take another chance right now on getting declined.... I need the next one to be a sure deal. As I am in the process of working removing negativity on my credit reports, as we speak. So if the best thing for me to do is actually wait a few more months or maybe even a year, then I am willing to do so. I would much rather get a secured card and start getting positive payment history and time on my side with a postive account, but if I have to wait then so be it.

I will be mailing out 1 Good Will Letter and 3 Debt Validation Letters tomorrow. Cross your fingers and wish me luck.  Smiley Wink

Unless you apply for a secured card with a bank that has a zillion $ in up-front fees or offers no grace period, there are virtually no banks that have a 100% approval rate.

I am pretty sure that Navy Federal Credit Union approves secured cards > 95% of the time.  I believe, but am not certain, that USAA will pre-approve you before sending you the application forms.  There are a couple of threads on USAA secured cards in the "Credit Cards" section of the forums you might want to check out.  In generaly, though, USAA is pretty darned good -- and that's saying a lot for a bank.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.