Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOY! What a horrid couple months - Encouragement needed

tag
BetteDavis2013
Valued Member

BOY! What a horrid couple months - Encouragement needed

Well, Its been a while since I posted. Was doing great on the road of credit recovery and rebuilding. I have established somce great credit lines with Discover, my credit union and solid store cards (Macys, Nordstroms, VS, Kohls).  August, the crap hit the fan. I had a major emergency and my cash flow hit a major snag. I paid the important bills and stayed current on some credit cards bills. I couldnt make all my oayments and have suffered on credit card (one of my crappy rebuilders which I tried to reach out too, no luck) and a personal loan which I sent a letter to asking for an extended payment plan (they sent me staright to collection). Now I feel all my hard work has gone to pot. My cash flow is back up and I am slowly digging the debt I accumlated to make ends meet the last few months. How long will it take for the oopsies I got while I was in a bad situation? After this last experience, I am more determined than ever to pay off everythng in the next 10 months. I hate the fact that i spent a long time getting crap off my credit report only to have it seem useless after a few months of a setback.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOY! What a horrid couple months - Encouragement needed

@BetteDavis2013 wrote:

Well, Its been a while since I posted. Was doing great on the road of credit recovery and rebuilding. I have established somce great credit lines with Discover, my credit union and solid store cards (Macys, Nordstroms, VS, Kohls).  August, the crap hit the fan. I had a major emergency and my cash flow hit a major snag. I paid the important bills and stayed current on some credit cards bills. I couldnt make all my oayments and have suffered on credit card (one of my crappy rebuilders which I tried to reach out too, no luck) and a personal loan which I sent a letter to asking for an extended payment plan (they sent me staright to collection). Now I feel all my hard work has gone to pot. My cash flow is back up and I am slowly digging the debt I accumlated to make ends meet the last few months. How long will it take for the oopsies I got while I was in a bad situation? After this last experience, I am more determined than ever to pay off everythng in the next 10 months. I hate the fact that i spent a long time getting crap off my credit report only to have it seem useless after a few months of a setback.

Sorry BD about your emergency.  Sometimes we suffer setbacks, but in time  you will rebound.  Did  you go 90 days late on some?  Just try to maintain a positive payment history from now on, take care of the collection if you can and try GW if you can-and remember to never give up.  Remember-failure is not an option.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BetteDavis2013 wrote:

We all have setbacks, just try to minimize the chance of it recurring again.

The new lates will have less of an impact as time passes.  Obviously, a 60 day counts more than a 30 day.  After 12 months, you reach a milestone and it gives back some points initially lost and again at the 24 month mark, etc.

HTH

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate setbacks, but stay positive and don't give up!

If you can, try to make an emergency fund for yourself.   If you can save even $50 per month in a savings, it will add up quickly and help during rough times.    

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.