Regular Contributor
Tran92

Re: BUILDING Credit advice?

AZHeather wrote:

Higher credit limits are good because it allows you to make purchases on your card without maxing it out or using a large percentage of your utilization.

+1 Higher Limit = Lower utilization. Make sure to keep utilization at 10 percent or below if possible. I usually mark for 30 percent at highest. I was also thinking about apping for BOA secured credit card since I heard they are really good at graduating to an unsecured at about 9-12months. I might apply in a month or two. How long did it take them to withdraw the deposit?

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Established Member
Hogue69

It took exactly 5 days, I applied Sunday, and they pulled security deposit Friday, (5 business days), this means I was approved however if you use BofAs check application, it still shows the same default message. I'm still being told that in 7-10 days from security deposit processing I will recieve the card, I'll update you as soon as I get it

Begin building credit with a clean slate 5/1/12!

Cards
Capital One Secured $400 limit
BOFA Secured $300 limit
PSECU Visa $2000 limit
Regular Contributor
Tran92

Alright sounds good . I know waiting for it can feel like forever sometimes lol.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}