Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUILDING Credit advice?

tag
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Re: BUILDING Credit advice?

@AZHeather wrote:

Higher credit limits are good because it allows you to make purchases on your card without maxing it out or using a large percentage of your utilization.

+1 Higher Limit = Lower utilization. Make sure to keep utilization at 10 percent or below if possible. I usually mark for 30 percent at highest. I was also thinking about apping for BOA secured credit card since I heard they are really good at graduating to an unsecured at about 9-12months. I might apply in a month or two. How long did it take them to withdraw the deposit?

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 11 of 13
Hogue69
Valued Member

It took exactly 5 days, I applied Sunday, and they pulled security deposit Friday, (5 business days), this means I was approved however if you use BofAs check application, it still shows the same default message. I'm still being told that in 7-10 days from security deposit processing I will recieve the card, I'll update you as soon as I get it

CH.7 BK Discharged 8/11/18

Rebuilding - Slowly and Carefully!
Message 12 of 13
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Alright sounds good . I know waiting for it can feel like forever sometimes lol.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.