cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUMMED: GW Letters to First Premier.....epic FAIL!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

BUMMED: GW Letters to First Premier.....epic FAIL!

I emailed and mailed goodwill letters to First Premier Bank asking them remove 1 30 day late payment and 1 30 day and 60 day late from two separate accounts I had back in 2006 and 2007 respectively. Although those accounts are closed, my reports are still marred by baddies from 2007 and 2008. I've been on the straight and narrow since then. They responded with a big fat NO because they are not able to change what is considered accurate information....FML! I read folks on this board stating how they've had goodwill success and I have not had any....EVER!. I'm starting to get discourage. It maybe best just to wait until it falls off my reports which will be late next year. Please excuse my all caps, I'm starting to get frustrated Smiley Sad with all this work I've put in and no reward. I'm curious as to how others are able to get anything ad everything deleted and I get nothing?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RocketChick
New Contributor

Re: BUMMED: GW Letters to First Premier.....epic FAIL!

Don't get discouraged!!!  I am going thru the same exact thing with  them. I've been sending emails and snail mail GW letters and I finally received a response yesterday stating the same blah blah "we can't change accurate information" blah blah . I have 1 90 day late with them from last summer. This is within a 2 year time frame.  The thing is my accounts with them are still open and current. I pay my whole balance in full every month, but they still gave me the same response.  From what I've read on the forum, you have to keep trying with GW letters, but with them,  I am not.  They only reason I still have my cards is because they are one of my oldest accounts, but I bet you I will not use them anymore. The only money they will get from me is that little monthly fee they charge, ( I chalk that up to the price of rebuilding) The cards have served their purpose and now that I know better...hmph!  Im bummed about mine too, but I honestly didn't expect them to do it, simply bc alot of the post that I have read about FP they rarely do GW for anyone Smiley Mad  I am going to focus my rebuild energy elsewhere!!

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Keep going with them.  It is true that they have to post accurate information, however nothing states they have to report "ANY" information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
RocketChick
New Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement Shogun! Smiley Happy  Its so easy to become discouraged in the rebuilding process. We just have to remember that  it is a process lol

Message 4 of 5
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.