cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE BYE JEFFERSON CAPITAL!! WE BEAT THEM!!!!

tag
Jj1219
Established Member

Re: BYE BYE JEFFERSON CAPITAL!! WE BEAT THEM!!!!

Sorry to be redundant... but can you PM that letter to me as well?  THanks!

Current Scores: Equifax - 515 | Experian - 508 | Transunion - 527

Starting Scores: Equifax - 493| Experian - 502 | Transunion - 488
Message 21 of 26
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi

Above posters

I have had many requests for the letter I used to get my two accounts removed from Jefferson Capital. You will find it below, it worked for me and has worked for many others. Best Wishes.

Below is the letter that I sent to Jefferson Capital, I had already sent a complaint to the FTC and FDIC. I sent it certified mail with return receipt. They received it and I had my letter within 6 days, saying that they were deleting, I have checked my credit reports, and both accounts have vanished. Best wishes to you.

To whom it may concern:

In reviewing the information that you have forwarded to the credit bureaus, I have noted that you are reporting tradelines as follows:

(insert your card name account number and CRA's here)

Reporting of these tradelines and 3rd party collections of these accounts is prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission ruling Case # 1:08-cv-1976-BBM-RGV, 12/19/2008. Please remove all tradelines from any and all credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, Transunion etc) as mandated by this ruling.

I have already filed a complaint with the FTC, and the FDIC, and will also file a complaint with the BBB if reporting tradelines are not deleted in a timely manner (10 business days)

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

This is the exact letter I used. Simple but to the point.  Best wishes to you, I believe you will get a quick response

This only applies if you had a card from them I believe from 2006-2008, you'll have to read the case and see if your situation applies. Good Luck,

Traveler 2005

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 22 of 26
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

My Aspen account is with a CA (Midland Financing) opened in 2007 closed shortly after balance according to CA 1,066. Can I use this method to see if it will work for me?
Message 23 of 26
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Also can you please send me the address and fax numbers please!!!!!!
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did everyone send their letters to Jefferson Capital's address in St. Cloud, MN? I received a response from them today (almost a month after I sent a GW letter) refusing to delete the paid collection. The collection was from the Imagine credit card opened around 2007. If my situation falls in line with the lawsuit I just learned about via y'alls posts in this thread, is there any other address that I should send a new letter to referencing the FTC's ruling, or should I send it to the same one?

Thanks, Everyone! 

Message 25 of 26
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did everyone send their letters to Jefferson Capital's address in St. Cloud, MN? I received a response from them today (almost a month after I sent a GW letter) refusing to delete the paid collection. The collection was from the Imagine credit card opened around 2007. If my situation falls in line with the lawsuit I just learned about via y'alls posts in this thread, is there any other address that I should send a new letter to referencing the FTC's ruling, or should I send it to the same one?

Thanks, Everyone! 

Yes thats the address. I just received my response from them about a week ago via the BBB website after filing a complaint against them. I also sent them a certified letter quoting the FTC ruling and used a sample letter that I found on this site.  The results of this dispute was that my account was settled and for less than what I owed and within that letter its stated that once the funds were recieved that they would contact all three bureaus to delete the tradeline and any information associated with it.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.