Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baby steps

tag
TM0312
New Contributor

Baby steps

First of all, I want to Thank everyone on this board takes the time to offer advice and help those of us

who so desperately need it Smiley Happy

After much reading on this board, I was decided to go ahead and dispute a charge off from BofA back in 2007.

I read somewhere on this board that they "clear out" their accounts after 5- 5.5 years and can no longer verify the info.

It worked! BofA was deleted off all 3 of my reports within 30 days. Woohoo!!

I was then able to get approved for a car loan through Capital One. Not at a good rate, by any means (12.9%) but

at least I was approved when my 2001 Durango bit the dust last week!

My next question...My Durango was financed through TD Auto (formally Chrysler Financial). Even though it was paid off,

I did have several (6 to be exact) 30 days or late when I was going through a "rough" period. Is there any point of sending

a GW to see if they will remove those late pays? will it even make a difference??

Any thoughts?

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baby steps

First, congratulations!  Next, it *never* hurts to attempt a GW.  My suggestion: yes.  GW.  Let us know how it works out! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

how old are the lates?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! I would pay the car loan 12 months on time every time then look to refi.

Message 4 of 5
TM0312
New Contributor

Thanks guys!  I was told to wait at least 13 months before I try to refinance the new car, and I will try to do that when the time comes.

As far as the late payments on TD Auto, they were all back in late 2006. It is listed as "Closed, Current" but with 6 or more 30 days late. Do you think

it will even make a difference in my score at all if they even will consider a "GW"?

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.