cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back at it again with the messed up credit score... Please send help!

tag
bitingthebullet
Established Member

Re: Back at it again with the messed up credit score... Please send help!

@RM21 wrote:
Right. Don't get too worked up over the simulators. They are more for informational purposes, and are not exact.

Thanks, I guess I was getting hung up about it because I've been following the simulator and it's worked each time. For example, when it says if I pay $200 my score will go up by 3 points it has, and so on. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bitingthebullet wrote:

@RM21 wrote:
Right. Don't get too worked up over the simulators. They are more for informational purposes, and are not exact.

Thanks, I guess I was getting hung up about it because I've been following the simulator and it's worked each time. For example, when it says if I pay $200 my score will go up by 3 points it has, and so on. 

If it's creditwise or CK simulators, they aren't giving you a real number any way. If you use a true fico simulator it might be more accurate but I've had it tell me wonky things will happen to my score that don't end up happening. I've had my score drop a little when paying off a loan but it is temporary.

Message 12 of 13
bitingthebullet
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@bitingthebullet wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

If it's creditwise or CK simulators, they aren't giving you a real number any way. If you use a true fico simulator it might be more accurate but I've had it tell me wonky things will happen to my score that don't end up happening. I've had my score drop a little when paying off a loan but it is temporary.

Thanks for the information. Do you have any suggestions on what to do about the negatives on my reports? 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.