Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to 517 Fico

tag
Annjilique
New Contributor

Back to 517 Fico

Yesterday I recieved a robo call fom Dynamic Recovery Solutions. The number showed as a local number so I answered. Of course the message played stated no information but a number to Dial. I called thy were rude. They demanded money for an account opened 10 yrs ago. But low and behold they did a hard pull on my equifax. I was at a 535 now I'm at a 517. I desperately need a new car and this isn't helping. I'm so ready to give up.

Starting score: 346 ?? eq (lender pull)
Current score: 598 eq
Goal score: 650
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jess421
Contributor

Re: Back to 517 Fico

I wish I could remember the search engine I used.  When I got my new car a month ago my fiko was the same as yours.  I did a bunch of research online and was going to try to go through roadloans which I read are horrible and came across a search engine that sends your info to a few dealerships.  They then call you with your approval amounts.  I had two dealerships that were able to get me approvals.  Now my interest rate isnt great but I plan on trading up in 2 yrs once my scores are better. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
Annjilique
New Contributor

I have money to put own and am wanting to refinance after I rebuild a little more. I too was gonna go with roadloans.

Message 3 of 7
Jess421
Contributor

I pm'd you the search engine I used. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Message 4 of 7
Annjilique
New Contributor

Thanks a lot

Message 5 of 7
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

My last car was financed by Roadloans and I was very happy with them. Sure, if you're a couple of days late, they call you, but that's to be expected, especially given their financiang criteria. I made my payments every month, and got a little behind one month - they bent over backwards to help me. The APR was a killer though, so I was glad to trade that car in and finance with a co-signer for a much better APR.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like you have a Zombie debt.  A debt that is pas the SOL and past the CRTP.  They have pulled your CR, which many will say is a permissable pull, I can't disagree with them on that, however I do think it's a bunch of bull that they're allowed to do that type of tactic.

As far as them being rude, didn't that just make you want to pay them all the more?  I mean, seriously, I've dealt with these type of collectors too and that tactic just doesn't work.  You would think they would get the hint and train their staff to be more positive.  I am much more inclined to work with someone that treats me with respect and care as opposed to someone who treats me poorly.

Anyway, yes, this is a gray area.  The can pull your CR, but I don't like that idea.  How much is the debt?  I would consider paying/settling some portion of it just to get rid of the bottom feeders.  I don't care if it's just 5%, it would get rid of it for good.  Anyway, just my idea.  Good Luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.