New Contributor
Annjilique

Back to 517 Fico

Yesterday I recieved a robo call fom Dynamic Recovery Solutions. The number showed as a local number so I answered. Of course the message played stated no information but a number to Dial. I called thy were rude. They demanded money for an account opened 10 yrs ago. But low and behold they did a hard pull on my equifax. I was at a 535 now I'm at a 517. I desperately need a new car and this isn't helping. I'm so ready to give up.

Starting score: 346 ?? eq (lender pull)
Current score: 598 eq
Goal score: 650
Contributor
Jess421

Re: Back to 517 Fico

I wish I could remember the search engine I used.  When I got my new car a month ago my fiko was the same as yours.  I did a bunch of research online and was going to try to go through roadloans which I read are horrible and came across a search engine that sends your info to a few dealerships.  They then call you with your approval amounts.  I had two dealerships that were able to get me approvals.  Now my interest rate isnt great but I plan on trading up in 2 yrs once my scores are better. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
Annjilique

I have money to put own and am wanting to refinance after I rebuild a little more. I too was gonna go with roadloans.

Contributor
Jess421

I pm'd you the search engine I used. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

New Contributor
Annjilique

Thanks a lot

Regular Contributor
kitty9779

My last car was financed by Roadloans and I was very happy with them. Sure, if you're a couple of days late, they call you, but that's to be expected, especially given their financiang criteria. I made my payments every month, and got a little behind one month - they bent over backwards to help me. The APR was a killer though, so I was glad to trade that car in and finance with a co-signer for a much better APR.

Shogun

Sounds like you have a Zombie debt.  A debt that is pas the SOL and past the CRTP.  They have pulled your CR, which many will say is a permissable pull, I can't disagree with them on that, however I do think it's a bunch of bull that they're allowed to do that type of tactic.

As far as them being rude, didn't that just make you want to pay them all the more?  I mean, seriously, I've dealt with these type of collectors too and that tactic just doesn't work.  You would think they would get the hint and train their staff to be more positive.  I am much more inclined to work with someone that treats me with respect and care as opposed to someone who treats me poorly.

Anyway, yes, this is a gray area.  The can pull your CR, but I don't like that idea.  How much is the debt?  I would consider paying/settling some portion of it just to get rid of the bottom feeders.  I don't care if it's just 5%, it would get rid of it for good.  Anyway, just my idea.  Good Luck.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}