Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to back hard pulls from same lender

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back to back hard pulls from same lender

I may just be neurotic here but I applied for a loan this week and the lender (BHG) pulled my EX score twice in 2 days.  No pulls on TU or EQ.  Ifought like hell to get my score above 600 for this exact loan but now that I have become a credit addict, I hate having any unnecessary drop in score...and I'm worried that having this extra inquiry will take me back under the 600 mark.  Is this something that I can later dispute or am I just freaking out over nothing?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Back to back hard pulls from same lender

Contact the lender and ask what the 2nd pull was for and ask them to recode it as a soft pull.
Message 2 of 5
ShastaCola

This is something I can answer. 

On May 19, 2008, I wrote a letter to Wells Fargo Financial for the same thing (two hard pulls on the same day).  In my letter, I stated that two credit inquiries were placed within my credit file on September 21, 2007.  I asked them to provide documentation for the reasons they requested two reports.  And, if any errors were found, to please remove the inquiry.

Two weeks later Wells Fargo Financial sent me a letter stating that both inquiries had been removed.  My inquiries are now at 2.
Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If this lender was for a car or a mortgage product, then FICO should be reading both inquiries as one.
Message 4 of 5
ShastaCola

BTW

The two hard inquiries from Wells Fargo Financial was for a personal loan
Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.