Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Check Collections will not pay for delete

tag
turts14
Regular Contributor

Bad Check Collections will not pay for delete

I have two small collections less than 100 each through payliance.  They have verified the debt and attempted to negotiate a pay for delete but was told they cannot do that with bad check collections.  Any truth to this?  should I go above and speak to a manager?  what other options do I have? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Bad Check Collections will not pay for delete

@turts14 wrote:

I have two small collections less than 100 each through payliance.  They have verified the debt and attempted to negotiate a pay for delete but was told they cannot do that with bad check collections.  Any truth to this?  should I go above and speak to a manager?  what other options do I have? 

Thanks 

It depends. I had one and I wrote to credit bereau directly. I did pay it first but explained this was NOT an extension of credit. My social was never provided , etc and they removed. Good luck
Message 2 of 4
turts14
Regular Contributor

Thanks for  your reply.  What type of letter did you send to the credit bureaus? Or why did  you ask them to remove it?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They have the right to deny any request for CR deletion of accurately reported information.  It could simply be "I dont want to."

So a discussion of the legality is really not important. Arguing the fact with them may, in and of itself, be counter-productive, as a PFD is a form of GW deletion on their part, and taking them to task is not apt to promote a feeling of good-will.

Deletion based on payment of the debt is contrary to the published reporting guidelines of the CRAs, so I am unsure as to what basis you would provide for asking the CRA to intervene.  If there is some inaccuracy in their reporting, the CRA will investigate the inaccuracy.  They wont get involved in a PFD issue.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.