Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Credit | Possibly not get this Job

tag
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

Bad Credit | Possibly not get this Job

My little brother is currently interviewing for a job. Looks like all is good 2nd interview went well, drug test came back clean, education was verified and then the all might credit check came back with a "few" blemishes. He has 4 charged off accounts that are preventing him from moving to the next step og the hiring process. 

The Charge Off Dates are as follow:

8/13, 10/12, 11/11, 9/11

at the end of the email he received the following Verbiage is attached:

Please provide documentation such as the following:

•Signed credit counseling payment plan, settlement plan, completed dispute documentation from the credit bureaus, 
•Bankruptcy documents (reflecting discharge or bankruptcy filing), 
•Short-sale (reflecting completed and not in progress), 
•Loan re-modification (that reflect completed and not in progress), 
•Foreclosures (reflecting completed and not in progress), 
•Documents for tax liens, judgments, repossessions, or student loans (reflecting no balance or signed payment arrangement agreement),
•Child support accounts must not be in arrears/past due.

Being that these accounts are charged off and don't appear to be sold off to another collector at this time. What would be the best next step. Consider this job a goner? I don't think you can settle a charged off account. I am wondering what all he can do if anything before losing out on this job. 

EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Bad Credit | Possibly not get this Job

Message 2 of 4
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

Not really a govt. Job but it is working with Military Personel and their families. I told him to reach out to the recruiter and see what he recomends. 

The recruiter said for him to reach out to the OC and work out payment arrangements even if its $20 a month just something that shows he has intentions to pay off the charge offs and that should be sufficient for him to receive an offer letter from the company. 

I told him to ask the recruiter what happens if the OC doesn't want to work with him what would happen next? I think right now he is going to try and schedule payment arrangements with them.. hope it pans out for him :crossesfingers:

EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would say it is in the same arena as the government.

From direct experience I will tell you that they want to see something happening with the debt.  That it is just not left sitting there.

Anything he can do to make this happen will be what they want.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.