Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Report removed - I have one question please

tag
Alexander251
New Contributor

Bad Report removed - I have one question please

dear friends/fico fellows... qustion!

once a fraudulent negative account has come back "NOT-VERIFIED" and been removed from the reports, which happend to me this morning thankfully, can the CA come back and re-report it again (sneak it in somehow) or will the CRA's not consider "it" anymore ever again?. Im asking this due to the fraudulent nature of the so called collection agency and their dirty tactics...

thank you

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bad Report removed - I have one question please

They can re-report, but the CRA must give you a head's up. Likely the CA will sell it to someone else.

Message 2 of 8
Alexander251
New Contributor

thank you llecs

well, if they re-report, they'd have to show proper paperwork/origin which they clearly didn't have the first time around so how would they/it be concidered "genuine" anymore? it was fake to begin with

to be honest, I think the CA requested it "removed" themselves, because the dispute period only reached 12-15 days which is far less than the 30-45 days it usually takes.

It may be because I sent a DV letter out to them at the same time and also reported them to FTC for fraud and personal threats. I had several conversations with a guy there and asked for paperwork which he never sent. instead he kept insulting me and being verbally violant, not to mention threatning with sherif arrests.

I didn't understand what you mean the CRA's giving me a heads up. How exactly do they do that?. sending me a letter saying these guys are reporting again before they put it on my credit?. if you don't mind explaining.. thank you

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Per the FCRA, if an item is re-inserted, within 5 biz days following the reinsertion the CRA must mail you a letter stating such. They don't have to provide any other info. Re-insertion isn't that common.

It's hard telling who removed it. Look out for their replacement, if any, and be sure to send a timely DV if they do.

Message 4 of 8
Alexander251
New Contributor

thank you!

hmm. a letter sent AFTER it's been re-inserted doesn't seem much of a heads up or "Fair" in the reporting act. what help is that letter when the damage is done yeat again. it's like pouring salt over my wound. I have to avoid the re-insertion at any cost.   

also, how can a "fake" debt be re-sold?... other fraud CA's would know all the tricks in the book I'd assume...

I hope they have moved on and letting me be now. I don't need this kind of headache. no one does.

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

A creditor can't knowingly report bad info. They believe the debt is legit. You don't. The only place to duke it out is court or keep providing info to prove otherwise and maybe someone will get it. Since they are gone, I'd wait it out.

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once any item of information has been deleted based on lack of verification in a dispute, ANY party wishing to reinsert the deleted information must accompany their reporting by a pre-certification, attesting to the fact that, notwithstanding any earlier lack of verification, they have investigated its accuracy and now verity it to be correct.  Lacking such a pre-verification of accuracy, the CRA is prohibited from reinsertion.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).  If the CRA accepts the pre-verification, they may immediately reinsert the information, but must send you notice within 5 business days of their reinsertion.  So you will know if the procedure was followed.

It is not just a simple matter of the CRA having to provide notice.  Their notice must be predicated upon a pre-certification by the furnisher.

In the situation where deletion was based on a determination of fraud or identity theft, it would be a heavy burden indeed for any party to certify the accuracy of there being no identity theft or fraud.  I dont see it happening, but they could try.......

Message 7 of 8
Alexander251
New Contributor

Robert EG. that clarifies it much better. thank you

Thank you both llec and RobertEG for your valuable information and help. I appreciate it a lot.

I'm gonna "hybernate" on this until they wake me up again (hopefully not). I'm on scorewatch and monitoring services with myfico and the three bureaus's own's websites so any little move I will know. I will go to bed with one eye open and the dispute dagger in my hand. lol

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.