Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad credit personal loan?

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

Bad credit personal loan?

I'm trying to get a personal loan for $2,000.

My credit sesame score is 636

credit karma- 620

credit.com- 603

my fico- 541

i understand that fico is the score most lenders use but why are my other scores so much higher? I applied for a loan and it came back saying your fico is 549! And I was of course denied

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a bc personal loan for 2000? I will pay high interest 

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bad credit personal loan?

@jordanhand wrote:

I'm trying to get a personal loan for $2,000.

My credit sesame score is 636

credit karma- 620

credit.com- 603

my fico- 541

i understand that fico is the score most lenders use but why are my other scores so much higher? I applied for a loan and it came back saying your fico is 549! And I was of course denied

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a bc personal loan for 2000? I will pay high interest 

Those scores other than the Fico are called FAKOs and no one knows why or how they can be different from FIco since no one bothers to analyze them in any great detail as they are scores developed for "entertainment purposes only" (most say this if you read the fine print). Fico scores can also vary from lender to lender as there are multiple major models of Fico (I.e. year moel 98, 04, 08, etc) and then there are 49 models inside each of those year models (auto. mortgage, generic, bankcard, collection, etc). The reason your FAKOS are what they are is thats the number generated from your credit info in file when the request for the score is received using whatever algorithm they have programmed. I would try a local CU or a well known national CU that assists in rebuilding, DCU would be one.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used both Netcredit.com and Avant Credit. Not sure what my scores are but I am in an active BK13. 

Avant I got $2500.00 and Netcredit I beleve was approved for $6000.00

Message 3 of 4
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

If it's not too personal what do you need a loan for ? Because honestly with a 549 Fico you might pay 8,000 for a $2000 loan. In some cases it's better to work directly with the problem
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.