cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad news leads to good things. My goal, my reason, where I am.

tag
Shane83zx

Bad news leads to good things. My goal, my reason, where I am.

So Jan 30th I hit the button to submit my tax return online, about an hour later I get an E-mail saying my return was rejected. Someone had filed a fraudulent return mere hours before I submitted. I tell my co-workers about it and they are quite stunned, then a few days later after I got all the paperwork filed, fraud alerts, approriate numbers called we get a company E-mail stating the entire company had all of their sensitive information stolen via Paychex. SSN, direct deposit account numbers, 2012 W2's, if you filed spouses or children last year all of their info as well. So I signed up on EQ and TU and began monitoring, while there I figured I'd finally learn about and clean up my credit. The last time I ever even looked at it all my scores were around 550 or so, EQ was at 603 when I pulled my first report.

Now I have gone from giving up believing that I would just never have credit again to looking at refinancing my mortgage and getting a new car. After a few disputes, paying down my $300 credit card, I'm at about 635 on EQ. I only have about 2 negative pieces left on my reports, which is me being an idiot and flaking on paying my student loan for about 3 months. Well, at the time the loan was with EdManage, and has since moved to Mohela. Apparently after a few phone calls EdManage no longer exist, so I have a dispute filed there for never having paid late. because of the way those loans work, its two seperate loans and has 2 ticks on my report. In 30 days or less I should see these cleared up, and hopefully see my scores over 650. I'm 31 and always wondered what I life with good credit would be like. It seems overdramatic but in reality they look at your credit for so many things these days. \

Goals: Refinance the house, get about 15K in cash to put on a new car and finance the rest. and get a name brand card with a limit of about $2000 down the road a little ways. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bad news leads to good things. My goal, my reason, where I am.

Keep plugging along you will get there Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.