cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddie only reported on 1 CR. Could disputing it hurt me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddie only reported on 1 CR. Could disputing it hurt me?

I have this baddie that has been deleted from TU and EX.  It is still being reported on EQ.  If I were to dispute it with EQ and it gets verified, can the other CRA's see that and put it back on?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Baddie only reported on 1 CR. Could disputing it hurt me?

Why was it removed from EX and TU?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the baddie reporting accurately on EQ?

Message 3 of 6
IMPROVELIFE
New Contributor

Gumchewer,

The CRA's system "Dont Talk" to each other so no worries about that, however I would be careful about DV'ing the CRA because in my case when I DV'd a CA that was only reporting a debt with one CRA, they then put the same tradeline on the other reports.  In my case the debt is mine, therefore I will be paying but just be careful.  Also you have to take into consideration the SOL.  Are there any gurus who can chime in?   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your dispute problems are, in my opinion,  just another reason why you should NOT make disputes thrugh the CRAs.  Each handles your dispute independetnly, and each will sanititize its contents through their e-Oscar process. The new direct dispute process, effective as of 7/1/10, alllows you to bypass the CRAs in your dispute process.  See FCRA 623(a)(8) and 16 CFR 660.4.

One direct dispute sent directly to the party who posted the disptued information handles it all with one letter, and also ensures that all information you provide in support of your dispute is provided to that party.

For example,if they are unable to confirm that the disputed  information is not inaccurate or incomplete, or they fail verify the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information within the prescribed time period, they are required, under FCRA 623(b)(1)(E), to promptly notify the credit reporting agencies of deletion of this information from your credit file.   One letter covers all credit reporting they have done.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was removed because after reviewing my reports, I noticed information was missing, such as DOFD and DOLA.  Also, the terms of the account were incorrect.  After disputing, TU got back to me with a week with my results, DELETED.  And oddly, EX had also deleted the tradeline.  It still shows on EX however. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.