Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddie

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Baddie

I miscalculated and one baddie will remain when I want to app mortgage 5/17. 40 charge off to security finance from late 2010. It also reports multiple 120 day lates.Any ideas on how I can minimize this impact and would this stop an approval in its tracks. I will pay the 40 but know that will not effect all this 120 lates
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Baddie

What are the dates of each monthly delinquency?

Each has its own exclusion date of no later than 7 years from its date of occurence.

Once the first in in chain reaches its exclusion date, you could contact the CRA and ask for their early exclusion of the others.

The CO has an exclusion date based solely on the reported DOFD.

Once you get past approx 6 1/2 years from the reported DOFD, you can also request early exclusion from the CRA,

Message 2 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good point, being that it would appear these may be coming off the report soon, especially when EE is considered. I think it is a good idea to pay whatever debt is left over, just so that it can't possibly show up when you do go for a mortgage.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 17
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

So pay the 40$ and call for Ee? That's cutting it close , I want to app in May and not falling off per DOFD until December
Message 4 of 17
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I disputed and now updating
Message 5 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is inaccurate, and thus the basis for filing a dispute?

Message 6 of 17
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Amount owed , I paid balance last sent in full . They say this 40 was interest which I would have paid
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think you could get this off pretty easily, especially by this time next year.  I would read on here as much as possible but I would think you could start by requesting debt validation fro the ca.  Also could dispute and ask for an ee.

Might want to opt out before you have your credit pulled for a mortgage.  Debt junk buyers will start looking for old collections if you have any.  Also, even if this doesnt get removed, and it's only a paid $40 collection from 2010, as long as everyhting else on your reports is clean shouldnt be an issue.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a baddie for $30 from an internet company.  I requested the shut off... kept calling because was not shut off and it was time for me to go.  I was told not to worry it would be shut off.  Anyway moved twice since then .. hadn't a clue about some little bill.  then a $30 bill shows up on my credit report as a delinquent.  Ughhh... I chose to dispute it first with each CRA ... Poof all gone.  So I understand ... 

Message 9 of 17
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Disputed already and came back verified😩
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.