Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddies

Hey MyFico members.  I have been lurking around trying to find my answer, but not much in the way of state tax liens.  Here is a little of my history.  I pulled my 3 bureau reports on 4/27/15 and saw my scores upper 500's, almost 600's.  I have 2 state tax liens from Nevada, that have both been paid and released in Jan. 2013.  I did read that one member had her state tax lien in Maryland "withdrawn" from her CR's. 

I would like to have these state tax liens removed from my reports, but have no clue where to start or forms to use.  The liens stemmed from when I owned a business in Las Vegas, and, well, we all know the recession hit alot of us hard and hence the business took a turn for the worst and never recovered, so now, I get the distinct pleasure of having this extra burden placed upon my credit.  I thought I had been punished enough by having to pay all those taxes after the store was closed and didn't have much of an income for a bit, but the state of Nevada decided otherwise.

Also to note, I know there are forms to get federal removed and how easy the process seems to be, but everywhere I read, people say it is so difficult to accomplish removal from CR's before the 7 year period after paid and release.  Anyone know if there are state forms or what would be the best way to accomplish getting the liens removed from my credit profiles.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Baddies

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey MyFico members.  I have been lurking around trying to find my answer, but not much in the way of state tax liens.  Here is a little of my history.  I pulled my 3 bureau reports on 4/27/15 and saw my scores upper 500's, almost 600's.  I have 2 state tax liens from Nevada, that have both been paid and released in Jan. 2013.  I did read that one member had her state tax lien in Maryland "withdrawn" from her CR's. 

I would like to have these state tax liens removed from my reports, but have no clue where to start or forms to use.  The liens stemmed from when I owned a business in Las Vegas, and, well, we all know the recession hit alot of us hard and hence the business took a turn for the worst and never recovered, so now, I get the distinct pleasure of having this extra burden placed upon my credit.  I thought I had been punished enough by having to pay all those taxes after the store was closed and didn't have much of an income for a bit, but the state of Nevada decided otherwise.

Also to note, I know there are forms to get federal removed and how easy the process seems to be, but everywhere I read, people say it is so difficult to accomplish removal from CR's before the 7 year period after paid and release.  Anyone know if there are state forms or what would be the best way to accomplish getting the liens removed from my credit profiles.  Thanks.

Not all states allow lien withdrawals. You would need to contact the state taxation office who recorded the lien and ask for the procedure to have it withdrawn since its been paid.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.