Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffled on this one....who to contact

tag
trcl
Valued Member

Baffled on this one....who to contact

I got a score alert today. My fico has 2 alert to changes. Firstly it's the same alert twice. I opened a credit one card that reported a $81 balance with a $300 limit last month. The new alert Twice is $81 balance with a limit of 188. I know for fact that I now have a $500 limit (surprised but hit an auto increase) with a $188 should be the balance on that 500 limit. Not 81 on 188. I purchase a new score and report two days ago through myfico and that EX and TU are reporting the correct limit increase and correct balance. SO who do I call for the two score watch alerts instead of one AND do I contact EQ and fax them a copy of the new limit and how it should be reporting?? Please advise.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Baffled on this one....who to contact

Did you get your EX and TU through myFICO or annualcreditreport.com or the CRAs?

As for the SW alerts, it has to do with the way SW does things but I know you are not being reported twice.

I would just contact EQ and ask them about the account.  Sometimes 3rd party reports can be wrong.

Message 2 of 6
trcl
Valued Member

It's a credit report from the bureaus that show the correct limit and balance update from annual credit report. Scores of course are from here. The bummer was I got the score alert and thought sweet...my CLI is reporting there's a bump....then doh! I will contact EQ Monday thanks.
Message 3 of 6
trcl
Valued Member

Spoke to equifax this morning they said the account is reporting correctly 188/500 but the score watch hasn't changed? Do I now speak with score watch? Still confused
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
trcl
Valued Member

Thanks! I will wait it out.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.