Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer and First Premier

tag
achsah
Established Member

Balance Transfer and First Premier

Good Morning!

I posted earlier that I wanted to close my First Premier Credit Card. So yay!

Currently I have:

Discover IT- 1K

Capital One-500

Capital One - 300

DCU - 3k

First Premier-500

I wanted to do a balance transfer from FP to DCU. I have about $212 on the FB- yes, I know that makes me a not so wise person, but I couldn’t help it. I need to get my car fixed and it just snowballed. I was paying it down as much as I could and now I’m here.

Does that sound like a good enough idea, balance transfer and then close the card down? I’ve had it for less than a year. It is my oldest card and Cap One with the 300 limit falls close behind.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer and First Premier

@achsah wrote:

Good Morning!

I posted earlier that I wanted to close my First Premier Credit Card. So yay!

Currently I have:

Discover IT- 1K

Capital One-500

Capital One - 300

DCU - 3k

First Premier-500

I wanted to do a balance transfer from FP to DCU. I have about $212 on the FB- yes, I know that makes me a not so wise person, but I couldn’t help it. I need to get my car fixed and it just snowballed. I was paying it down as much as I could and now I’m here.

Does that sound like a good enough idea, balance transfer and then close the card down? I’ve had it for less than a year. It is my oldest card and Cap One with the 300 limit falls close behind.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

First Premier is definitely a close it ASAP once it's run it's course and gotten you into better cards time to axe it. So yes you get my vote on this course of action. I myself had mine for roughly a year and then axed it as I had better cards with much higher limits at that point. Ideally work on your cap one cards and get in touch with their EO at the 6 and 12 month marks to get CLIs and try for APR reductions while you're at it (and AF removal if applicable). Had great luck with my quicksilver one with them (was an HSBC orchard bank that got merged/bought by Cap One).

Message 2 of 3
achsah
Established Member

Re: Balance Transfer and First Premier

So just completed the balance transfer!

Once it goes through- FP will be completely closed out! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.