Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance of Zero

tag
Guillo87

Balance of Zero

Hello Everyone!

In 2008 I decided to get my first credit card. I was 20 and not aware of the importance of credit. The account went into collections and in July 2010 I paid an agreed to amount. Now in my CR it shows the balance as zero and 120 days past due or collection am in the process of rebuilding my credit and my score in the 640 range and this account is really bringing my score down.... What are the steps I should take to remove this account for update the status?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance of Zero

your only option i would think would be to send GW letters....

Did this ever go to a collection agency? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 8
Guillo87

yes it did

Message 3 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

GW Letters are your option, since you said you already paid it...

I did the same exact thing. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 8
Guillo87

okay I guess I'll do that! Where do I send the letter to Bank of America or the Credit Agency? Bank of America is the one reporting

Message 5 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

If it went to a CA - then BofA should be reporting a balance of 0.... and the CA should be the one you send the GW letter to.... did you send the payment to the collection agency or to BofA?

Message 6 of 8
Guillo87

I believe it was to BOA

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the CA is not reporting, then only send the GW to the OC (BofA).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.