Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer craziness.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer craziness.

So my DF and I were looking into our credit reports because we are trying to prepare for buying a house some time next year. My scores have improved dramatically over the last year. To date my scores are Eq:611, Exp: 629, and transunion:630. These are up from low 500's. Anyway I have a ton of medical collections from when I was in college and stupid. Last month I was approved(miraculously) for a BOA card that has a 0% BT option for 18 months. The collections all together come to $3756 but my limit is only $500. I have already transferred a balance and have been paying it down. I have contacted the collection agency and they are willing to do a PFD but as long as I pay off all the collections. They are all with one creditor. So I should see a score increase after they are al removed as well as a chargeoff scheduled to fall off in january 2017.. I have heard that BOA gives huge limits and constantly offers BT options. My question is how long does it take for the CLI button to pop up considering i just opened my account? I'm not intereste din opening any new accounts and would like to let my new accounts age. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer craziness.

For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out.  If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow so these can actually be deleted off the trade line even without payment?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this works out for you. I am in the same boat with two medical collections. Please keep us updated. I am still learning how cleaning this all up works. Much Success.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

<Capital One QS-$1750 Capital One QS1- $1500>

What are the balances on these, and how long since the last CLI on them?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qs-1189 and qs1- 450 after a balance transfer to my new Bank of America card. Both have had increased in the last 6 months so I have tried and always get declined
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Qs-1189 and qs1- 450 after a balance transfer to my new Bank of America card. Both have had increased in the last 6 months so I have tried and always get declined

Thats not an answer to the question I asked - Just how long do you have before they are eligible again?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked they are both eligible in June.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just checked they are both eligible in June.

First try to get a deal with the collector to pay that over a few months, then pay off the smaller card, and in June get your CLI's on them. Then combine them together and app for another cap one card. That may get you enough to get the CA paid and the collections deleted. Then work on getting the balances down over the next year in preperation for a mortgage. 

Message 9 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Sending you a PM.  I can help you with this.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.