Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bally's Fraud?

tag
thejessulator
Valued Member

Bally's Fraud?

Couldn't find a thread about this one yet.... Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction?

I’m trying to clean up my hubs credit report (his is easier than mine… gotta start somewhere), and I’m in a pickle on this one…

From what I’ve been reading, Bally’s is/was a troublemaker - fraudulent contracts, tricking customers into signing a 3-yr contract when they thought it was only a 30 day trial membership, sending them to collections, etc.

My husband claims that he worked there about 5-6 years ago and they made all their employees sign contracts that was for a membership (or maybe he signed  up for  "trial", who knows) - but it seems to be one of these 3 year contracts that nobody seems to be able to get out of.  Anyways, now he’s in collections for $1700 or so – It’s due to drop off next August, but I really don’t want to wait that long if this is in fact a fraudulent collection.

Where do I begin?!  Help! 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bally's Fraud?

@thejessulator wrote:

Couldn't find a thread about this one yet.... Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction?

I’m trying to clean up my hubs credit report (his is easier than mine… gotta start somewhere), and I’m in a pickle on this one…

From what I’ve been reading, Bally’s is/was a troublemaker - fraudulent contracts, tricking customers into signing a 3-yr contract when they thought it was only a 30 day trial membership, sending them to collections, etc.

My husband claims that he worked there about 5-6 years ago and they made all their employees sign contracts that was for a membership (or maybe he signed  up for  "trial", who knows) - but it seems to be one of these 3 year contracts that nobody seems to be able to get out of.  Anyways, now he’s in collections for $1700 or so – It’s due to drop off next August, but I really don’t want to wait that long if this is in fact a fraudulent collection.

Where do I begin?!  Help! 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Fraud would imply that there was an illegal and criminal action by Ballys, like forging a contract, stealing money from your acct when they shouldn't be taking money, etc. Absent these, then they contract wouldn't be fraudulant. If they didn't honor the terms of an agreement then that's not fraud. It's not criminal. Did they do anything to break the terms of the agreement?

Does he still have copies of the agreement? If so, did he sign a 3-yr agreement or a 30-day agreement?

If he signed an agreement, Ballys and he would have had to honor the terms of that agreement. You'd need to figure out what he signed.

In the end after researching this he feels that the debt is legit then he can try sending a PFD and see if he can get it removed early that way. In the end if he feels the debt is not owed, then certainly contact the creditor and send them a copy of the agreement or some other proof showing that the money isn't owed. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.