Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bam ! Ch 13 falls of EQ

tag
BIGSTARXXX
New Contributor

Bam ! Ch 13 falls of EQ

... I always wanted to put BAM in a subject header Smiley Tongue

My Ch 13 - filed June 2010, discharged Sept 2015 - fell off my EQ today. It was already off my TU and EX. I suspected it would fall off today, and sure enough it came off 1 month early ! The ONLY remaining baddie is a paid and released Fed Tax lien from 2009 on my EQ. And that should drop off in July, with the new reporting rules.

Scores (Fico 8)

EQ: 730

TU: 777

EX: 775

I have 4 new accts since Feb so those are depressing my age of open accounts a bit, but 800's are reachable later this year. Util is 1%. Credit lines of about 105K.  Scores just after Ch 13 discharge were around 500. So it is possible w/n 18 months of Ch 13 discharge to turn things around substantially. Cap 1 has been really good to me - they were the first to extend credit to me shortly after my discharge (I now have CC lines of 40K, and a 2.49% int car loan with them), and I have been able to add accts like Amex (15K) and NFCU (albeit, only a 1K CC).

My wife's EQ also shows the Ch 13 falling off - her score didn't change much (she also has that tax lien, and her age of open accts is much lower than mine).

I plan to go for a CLI on my NFCU acct in July (after the AR), and that should be it until I apply for a mortgage next year (mid Fico mortage score is 730 now).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bam ! Ch 13 falls of EQ

Excellent on the BK disappearing. Enjoy it.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.