Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America American Express CLI?

tag
IwantCSP
Established Member

Bank Of America American Express CLI?

I requested a credit limit increase on my Bank of America American Express card through the Executive Office and a lady over there said she would take the case and then send it to another person to check my credit and see if it can be increased. 

Another lady calls me a few days later and says that she is look at the account and will call me back later in the day. no call.

So a few days later I went to the local BOA branch to pay the balance on my card and they said that the account number doesn't exist, after some digging they said its been changed to a new account number. So I went ahead and paid for it. Called up the executive office and left a message for the lady to call me back to see whats going on but she hasn't returned my call.

Fast forward one week. I checked my transunion credit report and the entire account is not reporting and has just been deleted. I called up again and left a message but no response yet.

Is this normal for Bank of America?  I logged into online banking and see the new account number, with the same credit limit, and I went to see if my card would actually still work and it did.  This is so odd.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank Of America American Express CLI?

@IwantCSP wrote:

I requested a credit limit increase on my Bank of America American Express card through the Executive Office and a lady over there said she would take the case and then send it to another person to check my credit and see if it can be increased. 

Another lady calls me a few days later and says that she is look at the account and will call me back later in the day. no call.

So a few days later I went to the local BOA branch to pay the balance on my card and they said that the account number doesn't exist, after some digging they said its been changed to a new account number. So I went ahead and paid for it. Called up the executive office and left a message for the lady to call me back to see whats going on but she hasn't returned my call.

Fast forward one week. I checked my transunion credit report and the entire account is not reporting and has just been deleted. I called up again and left a message but no response yet.

Is this normal for Bank of America?  I logged into online banking and see the new account number, with the same credit limit, and I went to see if my card would actually still work and it did.  This is so odd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you mean BOA's or American Express' executive office?

Instead of making phone calls to poepl who do not return those calls, why don't you ask someone in your local BOA branch office to explain to you what happened to your old account and why were you issued a new account without having applied for one.

Message 2 of 3
IwantCSP
Established Member

Re: Bank Of America American Express CLI?

I spoke with the Bank of America Executive Office. I was told that American Express doesn't handle the card, that it was issued through bank of america. I did ask the local branch what the deal was but they had no clue what was going on and there was no information on file about what was happening or anything like that.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.