cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America - Auto Loan Charge Off (Chapter 13)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank Of America - Auto Loan Charge Off (Chapter 13)

Arrears were included in the BK (Chapter 13).  They were also sending me a bill for the monthly payment (which I guess they weren't supposed to be doing).  I thought since they stopped I was caught up with them and the rest would be payed with over the 5 years through the arrears.  Come to find out there is still money I owe to get the title.  I am now discharged so I guess they feel they can mark it as a charge off.  Going to have to call them and see what I can do.

I plan to call my lawyer and see what he suggests I do.

I was hopoing to get them to remove the charge off but apparntly they do not do that:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/help/goodwill-adjustment.go

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank Of America - Auto Loan Charge Off (Chapter 13)

@Anonymous wrote:

Arrears were included in the BK (Chapter 13).  They were also sending me a bill for the monthly payment (which I guess they weren't supposed to be doing).  I thought since they stopped I was caught up with them and the rest would be payed with over the 5 years through the arrears.  Come to find out there is still money I owe to get the title.  I am now discharged so I guess they feel they can mark it as a charge off.  Going to have to call them and see what I can do.

I was hopoing to get them to remove the charge off but apparntly they do not do that:

Unless you reaffirmed that loan it was discharged at the end of your BK-13 and must show as such (IIB) though you may have to pay them off to get the title as the car actually secures the entire loan. If you feel you dont owe them anymore or there is hanky panky then you should talk to your BK lawyer about it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you reaffirmed that loan it was discharged at the end of your BK-13 and must show as such (IIB) though you may have to pay them off to get the title as the car actually secures the entire loan. If you feel you dont owe them anymore or there is hanky panky then you should talk to your BK lawyer about it.

I have a call out to him and am waiting to hear back.  I just don't want all these Charge Offs listed on my credit report.  Took a ding for those.  Hoping to get them removed.  I know they are required to change the status of items included in the BK on your credit report after the discharge so we will see.

Message 3 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Were you making your regular car payment thru the Trustee or on your own?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
Were you making your regular car payment thru the Trustee or on your own?

At first it was on my own but then the bills stopped.  I assumed (guess this is my fault) that I was done and the arrears would be done through the BK and then I would get the title once it was discharged.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.