Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Success - Partial

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Bank Of America Success - Partial

Okay last week, I posted about my BOFA account which happens to be the last and only negative on my report. So over the weekend, I put my thoughts and plans together and executed it this morning. Mind - my situation is quite different and may not apply to majority. I had the Bank Americard Cash Rewards that charged off in December 2013 with multiple lates (30 thru 180days) from January 2013 up till the point it charged off. So after being on the phone for close to an hour, this nice lady came through. Well a little background about this account - when I first opened it I enrolled the card in the BOA Credit Protection Plus Plan. I never had a need to request any benefit under the plan and I always paid on time.

Sometime in January 2013 when things got a little tough and it first went late, I contacted Credit Protection so they can activate my coverage which would have covered me for 18months. But for some reasons it wasn't approved or was never processed so the account kept on accruing lates as much as 180days till it finally charged off. So fast forward, just last week I got my approval from Credit Protection and according to the letter they said they would go retroactive from the first day the account became late till present. Now while on the phone with the lady from BOFA she said I should send in a copy of my approval letter from Credit Protection and once they receive it, they would remove all the lates from the first delinquency till date, reverse the Charge Off and pull it back from Collections. Then she asked me if I would like to have the account reopened and of course I said sure. Then she said that will take up to 5-7 business days so I can either call back to check on the status or if it's approved I will receive a new card in the mail instead. So that's about it....

Getting ready to go mail off the Credit Protection Plus approval letter they requested and just hope it turns out well! Kinda nerve wrecking.....

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Success - Partial

Wow, that's a major win.  You're lucky it worked out that way... the effect on your file will be tremendous.

Message 2 of 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

Wow, that's a major win.  You're lucky it worked out that way... the effect on your file will be tremendous.

Yeah that's right. I initially had two negatives an AMEX charge off which was just deleted after I disputed and this one. In regards to a score increase I really doubt it cos there was no effect when the AMEX got deleted. I think the thing dragging me down the most is utilization which is over 100%. Thanks to CapOne (my only open CC) for approving this one purchase that pushed me way over my CL but I'm paying down the card as much as I can. And of course I already opted out of the Over the Limit features. Would never make that mistake again otherwise I wouldn't have been in this position in the first place.

Message 3 of 12
p-
Valued Contributor

mister-endowed wrote: I think the thing dragging me down the most is utilization which is over 100%.

Ouch.  Yeah, that will kill your score.  If you can get to a point where you don't charge anythign that you can't pay in full each month, this will get a lot easier.

Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Ya, thats what I said you should demand (didnt go so far as to reopen), CONGRATS to you on this Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

mister-endowed wrote: I think the thing dragging me down the most is utilization which is over 100%.

Ouch.  Yeah, that will kill your score.  If you can get to a point where you don't charge anythign that you can't pay in full each month, this will get a lot easier.

real talk but u know what?! It was just one purchase that pushed me over and that was an airline round trip tickets I had bought to travel abroad. I usually dont charge what I cant pay, but the travel was very necessary. Of course I stopped using the card and just been paying it off dilligently.

Message 6 of 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Ya, thats what I said you should demand (didnt go so far as to reopen), CONGRATS to you on this Smiley Happy

haha that's right but I dont wanna count this as a success yet until I actually see all the negatives removed from my credit lol. Bank of America couldn't be this easy lol.... but as for the account to be reopened im not sure it would be approved cos I think I asked for too much but who knows. I will call them back in 5-7 business days like they told me. Thanks and wish me luck!

Message 7 of 12
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Congrats buddy!! Now work on that UTI!!!! Time to get those scores up!
Message 8 of 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Melanie220 wrote:
Congrats buddy!! Now work on that UTI!!!! Time to get those scores up!

yeah Melanie ya boi definitely working on that. I feel energized and motivated to make it happen.... and not forgetting the support - makes this journey a lil easier to navigate. I really appreciate Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
hayhayhayday
Established Member

i think you didnt see much bounce because you had 2 co that were likely aprox same date. Once you have no co and this shows its been on time the last 18 months would think you see at least some effect

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.