cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank accountability? USAA Was one of the best.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank accountability? USAA Was one of the best.

First my responsibility.  I postponed a payment with my small bank loan that was supposed to autopay the next minth but it did not.  I got a letter and paid that ammount stated on the letter.  They have called me now at 7AM for 11 extra dollars and notified me of damage to my Fico rating because they reported me for the $11.  I told them I paid what they asked for and I'm supposed to be current with autopay on.  What else acan I do?  One other thing is the USAA (once the best) has not changed this error in thier online web-gillpay which states this account is to be drafted still for 9/31/2012.  Unprofessional.  Can I show someone this error in their system and explain these facts besides this bank who may help me?  Banks are just charging us with feees these days without explaination and what it comes down to is since you owe them money there can not be much argument and an explaination is pointless at 7AM while I'mnaked from the shower to answer this $11 phone call.  They want more than what was past due.  What a morning.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank accountability? USAA Was one of the best.

If I had that, my primary goal would be to protect my credit and my secondary goal would be to protect the relationship with the small bank and USAA, knowing that later I could cancel all banking with them if I felt wronged, though I'd let things shake out first before rushing to a decision.

With the above in mind, I'd pay the $11 now and fight for it later if it was worth it. I'd keep an eye on my reports and GW it later if a late indeed reported. On the loan, I'd check your contract. The $11 could be added interest, as opposed to some lenders tacking it on the backend.

IMO, it's OK to use bill pay but ALWAYS look the day after the scheduled draft to make sure it was drafted. Glitch or no glitch, if you look following the draft you can be proactive if there was an error. 

Message 2 of 3
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Bank accountability? USAA Was one of the best.

So the bank called you at 7am to attempt to collect 11$?  I am confused on what the 7am call was about.

But as FYI, it is a violation of FDCPA regs to be called that early.  8am-9pm is the allowable calling time frames for debt collections.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.