Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CC Dissapeared?

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Bank of America CC Dissapeared?

So I had a BOA CC back in 01 when I was a teenager.  I had no clue the importance of credit & simply charged it up & didn't pay on it really.  The account was closed & sent to a collection agency & then sent to a law firm that entered a judgement against me & the money was taken from my check.  Well I pull my credit report today from CCT & my BOA account has been deleted from my Equifax & Transunion report & I have no idea as to why.  Now, I had tried several times to GW BOA to see if they would remove the tradeline but was always told no they only make changes if the information is inaccurate.  I'm in the state of Virginia so I'm wondering if SOL have expired & that my be why but I'm not sure how to figure this out.  I don't have a copy of my report w/me to give me the dates only a report from a mortgage lender.  It has account opened in 11/01, date reported 7/06, last activity 1/04.  It has me being 120 day late from 7/04 all the way to 9/05.  The account status is listed as charge off for Experian.  Can any one confirm if that's the case?  I'm wondering if it will fall off of Experian as well.  I know they can be a bit of a pain as all 3 bureas can be w/updating.  They still won't update my new married name & I've been married for 6 years, smh.  I've tried several times but they alway say they don't have the right info.  So, I've decided to just wait until I've paid off the last things I have left & then send in a request to have everything updated instead of having to send in multiple requests.  I'm super happy it has been removed but just wondering why is all, lol.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America CC Dissapeared?

Greetings!

Since you have CCT...go back a few days & check all 3 columns for this account.  There will be a late date posted that led to the chargeoff.  What is the month/year for this on each?  This date is known as your DOFD.  Date of First Delinquency: where you missed a payment, then never caught up & the acct was closed/charged off & (likely) sold to collections.

It will look something like this: (with dates above or below it)

OK  OK  30  60  OK  OK  30  60  90  120  150  CO  <---in this example, the bold "30" is your DOFD.  Any other lates, that were later caught up don't count as DOFD.

I'm guessing it dropped off TU & EQ already & EX is lagging because they are a pain.  <---- nearly everyone agrees on this!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
ABattle
Regular Contributor

AugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJul
KDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDNDNDNDNDNDNDNDNDNDKD

The only thing in bold is the KD's.  So is it safe to assume that I should count from August 2004?  Determining SOL is always so confusing for me, lol.

Message 3 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@ABattle wrote:

AugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJul
KDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDNDNDNDNDNDNDNDNDNDKD

The only thing in bold is the KD's.  So is it safe to assume that I should count from August 2004?  Determining SOL is always so confusing for me, lol.

aha....the ol' "Key Derogatory"!  Gotta love EX!  (NOT) Smiley Mad

I think you have SOL confused with DOFD.  hehe  that's cool.  What was the DOFD on TU & EQ before they dropped off??  Take a look at your old reports from a few days back.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 8
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Doesnt' DOFD & SOL go hand in hand in determining when something will fall off?  So would August 04 be my DOFD?  I will just have to wait until I get home b/c I don't have any of my old reports w/me right now to figure it out, lol.

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ABattle wrote:

Doesnt' DOFD & SOL go hand in hand in determining when something will fall off?  So would August 04 be my DOFD?  I will just have to wait until I get home b/c I don't have any of my old reports w/me right now to figure it out, lol.

Just FYI the SOL in Virginia is 3 years for open ended contracts. SOL has nothing to do with the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period). The SOL limits the amount of time a creditor can sue someone over a past debt.

If the DOFD on this is 8/2004 it will probably remain until 2/2012 but sometimes will disappear early. A charge off or collection will remain for up to 7.5 years from the date of the first delinquency that led to the CO or collection.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 6 of 8
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.  Now I need to look at some accounts more carefully.  All of this can be a bit overwhelming at times & allot to digest.  Now, I have a question on determing SOL.  Do you count three years from when you open the account or from when you 1st default on payment?  I really appreciate you all for all the information, lol.

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ABattle wrote:

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.  Now I need to look at some accounts more carefully.  All of this can be a bit overwhelming at times & allot to digest.  Now, I have a question on determing SOL.  Do you count three years from when you open the account or from when you 1st default on payment?  I really appreciate you all for all the information, lol.

From what I understand in most states the SOL begins from the date of the last payment but just do some research on your own for Virginia's SOL to be sure.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.