Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Charge Off Reversal Success

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Charge Off Reversal Success

A little background, Bank of America had initially deleted almost a year worth of late payments but still left the account status reporting as "Charge Off". Two weeks ago I called in and spoke with this very nice lady from the Recovery Dept and discussed with her about this account. Told her that even though BOA deleted the multiple lates, they were still reporting the account as charged off.

So she told me she will put in a request to their Research & Dispute department to look into the charge off and that I should call back in 2weeks (which was yesterday) to know their decision. So I called in like I was told and she goes like "they have reviewed my request and documents (I had mailed in copies of my 3 CR and a personal letter following my initial call) and have approved the charge off to be reversed". Then she said usually upon approval, they make the corrections to the CRA immediately but it could take up to 30days until I see the change. So now im just waiting and once I see any change, will report back here to confirm.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Charge Off Reversal Success

congrats

Message 2 of 11
ThisIsJamez
Established Member

Congratulations! I'm currently working on the same thing - a CO BoA from college. Any advice? I just paid the CA last week.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 652 (EQ)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

quick update: my Experian Plus score just went from 547 to 690. Now im a little confused, the account is no longer listed under negative items and now shows as "Current/Paid Closed" however if u look at the account details there's a "KD" still listed under December. Is this reporting wrong or something I should be concerned about??

Message 4 of 11
ThisIsJamez
Established Member

I would wait the 30 days to see if it changes. Otherwise, contact the CRA about the discrepancy.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 652 (EQ)
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@ThisIsJamez wrote:

Congratulations! I'm currently working on the same thing - a CO BoA from college. Any advice? I just paid the CA last week.

hey thanks Jamez. Well regarding the CO my case was somewhat unique as I never had to deal with the CA. After the account was charged off and sent to a CA, BOA pulled it back from collections. I never had to pay a dime cos when I first got the card, I enrolled it in the credit protection plus coverage offered by BOA then. So it was the Plan that paid off the entire debt after the card charged off. But then again even after they paid off the card, they were still reporting it as a CO so I had to dispute/fight my way through. Anyways, I still have the mailing address to that department I was told to send copies of my credit report and any other supporting documents/letter in order to reverse the charge off and reporting status. If you need that, PM me then I'll send it to u. Good luck with everything and if u are successful, come back and share with the fam

Message 6 of 11
nycles

Could you please PM the address and name of the department for BofA where you were told to send your documents? I have a something similar that I would like to send my documents to. Thank you.

Message 7 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@nycles wrote:

Could you please PM the address and name of the department for BofA where you were told to send your documents? I have a something similar that I would like to send my documents to. Thank you.

alright no problem... check your inbox shortly

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone pm the address as well? Thanks

Message 9 of 11
Boricua_BlueDevil
Established Member

With whom did you work to get the payment history deleted and the charge off reversed?  I have a very similiar situation and have hit several dead ends and it is one of my few "baddies" left.  It is set to come off my report in February 2016, but am trying to purchase a home in the next 60-90 days and would really like my score and report to reflect my true financial situation rather than some poo.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 471 / EX: 503 / TU: 502
Current Score: EQ: 594 / EX: 677 / TU: 661
Goal Score: 750

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.