cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Card Question

tag
ItnStln

Bank of America Credit Card Question

I recently applied for a Bank of America MLB Card and was declined.  The only reason it stated was my Chapter 7 back in 2012.  Since then I have changed how I handle my credit, always paying more than the minimum.  Is this something that I could get a reconsideration on from Bank of America?  If so, how do I do that?  I know that people have good luck calling the backdoor numbers, but I am unsure which number to call.  The closest I could find was BofA:  866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst).  Is this worth doing, or is t unlikely that they will approve me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Credit Card Question

For us to beable to help you, we would need to know your scores, any open cards you have, any baddies you have, etc.

Message 2 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For us to beable to help you, we would need to know your scores, any open cards you have, any baddies you have, etc.

...and if BOA was IIB.

Message 3 of 5
ItnStln

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I should have put that.  My TransUnion is 616.  I do not have my others, but will get them within the next month or so.  Currently I have eight cards open with credit limits ranging from $5,000 (Navy Federal Credit Union) to $300 (Capital One).  In addition I also have $1,500 in a line of credit from NFCU.  The total available credit that I have is $15,000 and, as of last month, my usage is at 21%.  This month it will be lower because I paid off one card which was about $2,200.  With the exception of my bankruptcy I do not have any negative remarks.  Although two accounts I included in bankruptcy are showing on credit report in collections.  I am trying to get that resolved however.  Since my bankruptcy I do not make the minimum payment on anything, I always pay more.  For example if I have a $25 minimum payment I will pay $100 or more.  Does that make a difference on my report that I pay more?  I think this is everything, but if you need more information I will try and give it to you.  Thank you timothylee!  I am attempting to rebuild my credit and it is difficult because it seems that no one is giving out credit anymore.  Oh, I do have two $500 cards that show as secured from PNC and First Bankcard.  Those do carry a $0 balance however.

Message 4 of 5
ItnStln

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...and if BOA was IIB.

Nope, the only thing I have and had with BOA are a checking and savings account.  I do not use them as my primary bank, that is NFCU.  I just have BOA because they are, literally, across the the parking lot from where I work.  Off topic, but I do like the username burned2manybridgesb4!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.