Valued Contributor
dddewdrop

Re: Bank of America Goodwill Letter?

Here is my own Bank of America goodwill letter. I sent it to their address in texas as well as on their secure system as I am a bank of america customer for banking.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing today regarding my credit card account #xxxxxxxxxx****.  The purpose of this letter is to see if you would be willing to make a goodwill adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies. I settled this debt and it was reported to the credit bureaus as settled but I am seeking to get this record removed from my credit reports. As things stand it will plague me through the year 2016. I have learned my lesson and will be more responsible in the future. I am requesting that you remove the record from my credit reports now. I know that I cannot compel you to do this. I take responsibility for this debt and the consequences I have incurred from it but I am asking that you remove it from my credit reports.

I have been taking care of a sick person for several years. I have been irresponsible with my credit as a result of this. Now I am trying to get a better job to help my friend pay her hospital bills. I used to work in the financial services industry but have been struggling to obtain a job there. A primary reason for this is my poor credit. I take responsibility for getting behind on my credit card with Bank Of America and I settled my debt with a collection agency last year.

Just to be clear , I am asking (begging?) for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove the record of this credit card account from my report. I am desperate to get my career back and to get a decent job again. I know that this debt was my fault. I am try to do the right thing to take care of medical bills for my friend and to do so I need to get a decent  job and my past mistakes are holding me back.

I recognize that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account information that I treported be reported accurately.  Therefore, it's my understanding that Bank of America has the legal discretion and permission to remove this account if chooses from the credit report.  I'm humbly hoping that you will do that in my case.

the address I have for them I pulled off a credit report.

It is:

PO BOX 982235
EL PASO, TX 79998

0/10001100/13001346/16001699/2000Prepaid ,,Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 632...Link to my Rebuild Log
Valued Contributor
dddewdrop

Here is the response I got from it over email:

>Dear David L. Bechtold,Thank you for your e-mail dated 02/07/2013 regarding your credit report. We are happy to assist you. We regret to inform you that credit bureau disputes cannot be serviced by e-mail request. Please be aware that Bank of America and partners are required to report accurate information to credit bureaus. Information may only be removed in the event a bank reporting error has been made. To register a dispute, please contact us at: Bank of America Credit Department PO Box 17054 Wilmington, DE 19850-5646 Fax: 1.302.456.8923 Attention: Credit Department Please include the following information in the request: - Your name. - Address. - Daytime phone number. - Social Security Number. - Account number. - Copy of the credit report (if disputing). - Reason for dispute. - Your fax number if you would like a correction letter to be faxed to you. If we may be of further assistance, please contact us. Thank you for choosing Bank of America. We hope you have a great day.&Cordially,Luis Zapiain, Bank of America&

I

I will resend over snail mail. I plan to tell them that I am hoping for a "goodwill gesture" on their part. It is within their power to remove this paid debt from my credit report and I am going to just ask them very politely once again to do it. I am also in the process of getting a Federal Tax Lien hopefully removed from my report. I submitted form 12277 to the irs. The IRS in 2011 made it possible to get liens withdrawn. I sited the irs program to give people a fresh start in my appeal with Bank of America saying that them removing my negative item would be in the same spirit.

0/10001100/13001346/16001699/2000Prepaid ,,Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 632...Link to my Rebuild Log
Valued Member
jmoney3457

Check your PM.

netplayn2

What is the status of this request?

I'm preparing to write m own letter asking BofA to remove a late payment from my credit report.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+