Did you mean: 

Bank of America Goodwill results....they just called me today

tag
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Goodwill results....they just called me today

@drkaje wrote:

@ pacman92,

I believe that only works with accounts inactive long enough to have been purged from their system.

That could certainly be the case as the initial response was that they were trying to locate the account info.  

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 11 of 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ pacman92,

I believe that only works with accounts inactive long enough to have been purged from their system.

That could certainly be the case as the initial response was that they were trying to locate the account info.  

The executive office will delete accounts that couldn't be verified. I haven't read instances where they just deleted accurate stuff for the heck of it or thought someone could use a break.

In my case, they couldn't find the account after a one day investigation (even with the number provided) so it was deleted. The mistakes where 5.5 years old and I'd closed the account in 2007.  If it were still active, I would have been SOL. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@danny4l wrote:

My account is currently active and I will pay the last installment in February 2013.  The lates are due to my unemployment which I have documentation of my unemployment benefits.  Do you think they will help me out?

Do I think they will assist you with removing the TL or even just the negatives once the loan is PIF, no. If you want this done you must attempt to negotiate this into the deal now before you finish paying the account off. And if they do say that they will do a 'pay for delete' then you need to DEFINITELY get it in writing.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
golo
Frequent Contributor

I've tried the CEO route to no avail....ugh,Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

@danny4l wrote:

My account is currently active and I will pay the last installment in February 2013.  The lates are due to my unemployment which I have documentation of my unemployment benefits.  Do you think they will help me out?

Do I think they will assist you with removing the TL or even just the negatives once the loan is PIF, no. If you want this done you must attempt to negotiate this into the deal now before you finish paying the account off. And if they do say that they will do a 'pay for delete' then you need to DEFINITELY get it in writing.

I don't think a PFD would work here since the account is not in collections.  As bad as BofA is, you don't want the account to go into collections.  The damage of most lates, even a 120 day one is less then a collections if not in your FICO score at least a MR.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

BoA isn't a company I'd want to depend on negotiating with, after the fact, and hoping for a good result. Even if you have to suck it up, the lates hurt worse over time.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 16 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

BoA isn't a company I'd want to depend on negotiating with, after the fact, and hoping for a good result. Even if you have to suck it up, the lates hurt worse over time.

+1

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 19
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Can someone pm me that ceo info? Need it for GW on my mom's account.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Message 18 of 19
R_W_
Valued Member

I have a BOA mortgage (previously Countrywide) that I just paid off.  It has several 30 day lates that are 4+ years old that I would like removed (getting very close to my 760 goal).  After reading through a mountain of posts, I see almost no success with GW letters for BOA, but since this is a closed account I am thinking I might just ask them to remove it from the CRAs.  I want to make sure there are no downsides that I am overlooking that would offset any benefit I would receive.  My AAoA is  >14 and my olderst if >22 years.  This is not my oldest but it is one of my older ones so my AAoA may go down a bit.  I have other active mortgages so I think  I am okay on the credit mix. Is there anything else I am not thinking of?

Starting Score: EQ 740, EX 792 (lender pull), TU 772 (lender pull)
Current Score: EX 850, EQ 835, TU 755
Goal Score: all over 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.