Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured fyi

tag
intherightdirection
Established Member

Bank of America Secured fyi

Well, I applied for a B of A Secured cc 2-3 weeks ago and got the 7-10 message. I've checked the status of the app online a few times and it kept giving me the same exact message.

Assumed denied, but then $300 got debited out of my checking account from them yesterday. Guess it was approved, but it's weird how there is zero communication. And that they collect your banking info before they approve you... strange.

I'm happy to get it though because from what I've read on the boards, it's a good one to have. Hoping it will go unsecured in a year.

FY, if you get the msg, it doesn't necessarily mean you've been declined. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured fyi

This same thing happened to me with US Bank, they actually overdrew my checking account because when I was seemingly "denied" I applied for another secured card and was approved, then they approved me like 6 days later and took the money lol. It was a mess but all taken care of. I am still considering getting a BoA, maybe in a few weeks. Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Did BOA do a hard or soft pull?  Wondering how they handle their own.  :-)

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 3 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations anyway! Make sure you have the Bankamericard Cash Rewards program attached to it. With the cash back structure, this is the best secured card on the market right now.

Message 4 of 14
intherightdirection
Established Member

@HiLine wrote:

Congratulations anyway! Make sure you have the Bankamericard Cash Rewards program attached to it. With the cash back structure, this is the best secured card on the market right now.

Thanks! Is this something I need to call and ask for? I don't remember it saying anything about this when I applied.

Message 5 of 14
intherightdirection
Established Member

@sphinx313 wrote:

This same thing happened to me with US Bank, they actually overdrew my checking account because when I was seemingly "denied" I applied for another secured card and was approved, then they approved me like 6 days later and took the money lol. It was a mess but all taken care of. I am still considering getting a BoA, maybe in a few weeks. Congrats!

This is similar to my situation. I wasn't expecting the debit as I thought it was denied. Smiley Indifferent A little communication would have been nice.

Message 6 of 14
intherightdirection
Established Member

@NY_Beauty wrote:

So far, it hasn't shown up as an inquiry which surprised me, so I guess a soft pull.... But, I'll let you know if it shows up.

Message 7 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@intherightdirection wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Thanks! Is this something I need to call and ask for? I don't remember it saying anything about this when I applied.

If they didn't mention, you probably did not get the Cash Rewards version. A simple call will correc that for you. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@intherightdirection wrote:

@NY_Beauty wrote:

So far, it hasn't shown up as an inquiry which surprised me, so I guess a soft pull.... But, I'll let you know if it shows up.

check with EX for the initial pull then they will start softing TU like crazy then they pull TU for unsecure review

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 9 of 14
intherightdirection
Established Member

Update:

B of A is reporting to all 3 bureaus already.

They are reporting as Secured. Smiley Sad

I still have not received the card.

Posting this for others who app for the card so you know what to expect... Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.