Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America WILL NOT Delete Duplicate Accounts

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Bank of America WILL NOT Delete Duplicate Accounts

Long story short - filed bankruptcy in 2013 and included three Bank of America credit cards.  For whatever reason, they created a new tradeline for each credit card account on my report - so I have six accounts reporting and all included in bankruptcy.  This is causing my score to be lower because of three additional negative accounts.

I have disputed these twice with equifax - once over the phone and once online (not in that order) and Bank of America comes back and says the information is verified.

How so?

My bankruptcy petition clearly lists only three acconts with Bank of America included.  

Does BofA have a department I can call to handle this?  I know Amex had a credit bureau team for issues like this? 

What are my next steps?  File a violation of the FCRA? Equifax will not let me dispute them anymore so I am stuck there.

Thoughts?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America WILL NOT Delete Duplicate Accounts

My understanding is that the BK itself overrides any prior IIB derogs. So I doubt these are *actually* affecting your score, though scoring simulators and monitoring services may tell you otherwise. BUT obviously duplicate account listings are mistakes that should be corrected nonetheless.

I would call BofA and investigate this from their end.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been dealing with BOA on a different BK issue. They are horrible to deal with. Attempting one more shot with them to correct and next to court. If you are interested, I have the CEO contact info if you need it. He was pretty good about getting back to me via mail. 

Message 3 of 16
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Norman - im not referencing the derogs prior to my filing.  The issue is MyFICO is telling me my EQ score is what it is because of the number of derogatory accounts.  That number is now inflated by three due to Bank of America's inability to report properly.

And yes, can you PM the contact infor for the CEO?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they were IIB, then they *must* predate the BK filing - unless you have a time machine...?

My point is that The BK itself basically "bundles" all the IIB stuff into one single package for the purpose of scoring. Sure, MyFICO may tell you the number of derogs is the issue, but thats not necessarily the case. Yes, you should get it corrected, its improper reporting. BUT, its really not something thats impacting your score greatly. Now if these duplicate accounts were reporting as if they occurred AFTER the BK and did not have the IIB status, then they would indeed be depressing your scores.

BTW, I'm no fan of BofA... They have no respect for their customers, IMO, they are simply a revenue source to them and nothing more.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Over Now.

Message 6 of 16
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Norman - I understand what you are saying now.  Makes total sense and appreciate you're explanation.

They all show the IIB TL and the open dates are well before my filing - but the date last reported is a year apart - so, I just want it cleaned up.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully BofA won't be too pigheaded in correcting this.... Good luck!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I've been having a terrible time working with BOA to get 2 late payments removed from several years ago. I have a pretty legit story, but we were still late for two months, even though it was accidental.

If you have the email of the CEO and think it would be worthwhile for me to send an email to petition him, please send me the info. That would be great. And also, this is really my first day on this forum and I'm not even sure how to PM... so, will I receive it if you send me something? Sorry for the newbie question.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent you the contact info via PM.  Good Luck.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.