cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America debt accrued while in Thailand and I never moved back to the USA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America debt accrued while in Thailand and I never moved back to the USA

I accrued the debt while in Thialand and I don't have an address in the USA.  The debt was accrued with Bank of America and was sold to Portfolio Recovery Associates.  The amount is around $5000 dollars. 

The debt is 5 years and 8 months old.

I have called PRA and asked them to reduce the debt considerably since it's over 5 years old.  They were miserable to me on the phone.  I was wondering if there's any action I can take to tell them to remove the debt since I no longer reside in the USA, I accrued the debt overseas and they have been miserable to me on the phone?  I was thinking about sending them a certified email from my address in the EU.

What tips would you give me to get this wiped off my credit report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America debt accrued while in Thailand and I never moved back to the USA

I'm assuming that your credit card was with BOA thru a US bank?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America debt accrued while in Thailand and I never moved back to the USA

They are the worst to deal with. Ughhh. Wasn't credit card issued through a U.S. bank? You got the card while still living in the U.S., right? Then, accrued the debt while in Thialand?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that right.  I accrued the debt while in Thailand.  It was issued by BOA. 

Message 4 of 5
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

From your post it appears that you are not disputing that the debt is yours, correct?   If the debt is in fact yours then the only way you are going to get it removed is either by goodwill from the CA or wait another year and 4 months for it to fall off.

Does the original BOA account show as a charge off on your CR?  

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.