Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America has no record of me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America has no record of me

Hi All,

I'm writing because I am actively trying to clean up my credit so I can apply for a home loan.  Trying to take care of all my hiccups one by one.  

Here is one right now.  

Listed on my report is a BOA credit card account opened in 2003, closed in 2009, with a $2500 limit.  It says I was late paying 3 times in 06.  I called several numbers today and using my SSN, nobody at BOA had any record of me.  I was calling to see if they would delete the lates, but as they have no record of me, it seems that they cannot.   What should I do?

ALSO....

Since these lates are so old, do you think it will affect my score that much?  Is it possible that it could actually hurt if they end up deleting the whole acount from the record?  

Thanks,

-S

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America has no record of me

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I'm writing because I am actively trying to clean up my credit so I can apply for a home loan.  Trying to take care of all my hiccups one by one.  

Here is one right now.  

Listed on my report is a BOA credit card account opened in 2003, closed in 2009, with a $2500 limit.  It says I was late paying 3 times in 06.  I called several numbers today and using my SSN, nobody at BOA had any record of me.  I was calling to see if they would delete the lates, but as they have no record of me, it seems that they cannot.   What should I do?

ALSO....

Since these lates are so old, do you think it will affect my score that much?  Is it possible that it could actually hurt if they end up deleting the whole acount from the record?  

Thanks,

-S

Were they 30 day lates? They are likely not impacting much, if at all...

And yeah, if the whol trade line got deleted, it could impact you age of accounts I believe

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they were only 30's.  I'm probably not even going to mess with it. 

Message 3 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, they were only 30's.  I'm probably not even going to mess with it. 

I agree that's probably the best approach ~ the account is almost 10 years old since it was opened in 2003.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 11
TM0312
New Contributor

I just went through the same thing with Bank of America. BofA purges their records after about

5 - 51/2 years, that is why they could not find you. Knowing that, I disputed it on my credit report

and it was removed within weeks because BofA could not verify. Hope that helps!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, with that in mind did it hurt or help your score since being gone?

Message 6 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Have it deleted.

IMO, losing the bad history is a fair trade.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is your current AAoA, and what effect would its deletion have on your current AAoA?

Is it your oldest TL?

Message 8 of 11
luckelle
Regular Contributor

If you have a good average age it might be a benefit in the short term with it removed. your score may move faster with out that overall baddie TL.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AAoA is 6.4 years.  Keep in mind.  This particular account has been closed since 05/09.  

My oldest account is 10.9 years old.  I'm thinking that is a credit card I have was closed in 2004. 

The oldest account that is still open is a charge account with Firestone Tires.  Opened since 2003.  No baddies.

Any thoughts with this in mind?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.