Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America will no longer respond

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America will no longer respond

Hi all. Recently I send an email to the CEO of BoA and was called about five hours later by the EO. Pretty much the same story as other posts, called me and asked if these were bank errors and said they get these requests all the time and they will get back to me. Got the denial letter about 10 days later claiming they have to report accurate information. Shot the EO an email saying that is not really true, etc, and that was probably not a good idea haha. About 10 days later I got a letter from the EO saying they have responded and unless I have new information they will no longer respond to any letters, emails, or calls mentioning goodwill. So, I hit the online chat hard for a few weeks Smiley Happy

Anyone else have this happen? I assume they are breaking no consumer law whatsoever?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America will no longer respond

It appears you were requesting their good-will deletion, and they used the old standby that they must report accurate information.

While the FCRA only stipulates that what is reported cannot knowingly by inaccurate, and does not require the reporting of all accurate information, they dont need a reason for denying deletion, and arguing their basis for denail is not apt to promote good will.

They are within their rights not to respond to continued good-will requests.

In order to compel a response, you must assert some error in their reporting, with adequate documentation to enable them to investigate your assertion.

The inaccuracy then forms the basis for a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), compelling their investigation and response within 30ísh days.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.