Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America

tag
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Bank of America

... After exactly one year from today, Bank of America unsecured my secured card and returned my $500 deposit and gave me a $1500 CLI. Thanks BOA, i guess it is the Bank of Opportunity...

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kblatt
New Contributor

Re: Bank of America

I've had the opposite experience with them Smiley Sad.

Just got declined for a CLI on a CC I've used with them since 2008 that has never had a limit increase.  All my accounts are there.  

Message 2 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the OP, sorry to kblatt.  It's always a YMMV type of thing.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 11
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@Tempted2Pull wrote:

... After exactly one year from today, Bank of America unsecured my secured card and returned my $500 deposit and gave me a $1500 CLI. Thanks BOA, i guess it is the Bank of Opportunity...

Congrats!  I didn't have the same luck with them they unsecured my card from a $300 CLI and then upped it to $600 and with an AF.  I want to cancel the card, but it's my oldest line of credit.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 4 of 11
kblatt
New Contributor

Also forgot to say congrats to OP, during my wallowing in self pity Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
kblatt
New Contributor

As an update for anyone who might be in the same boat as me with BoA... I called them today for recon and spoke to a senior credit analyst.  After a few questions regarding the issues they had with my application, they approved me for my original CLI that I was denied for via their online process!

When I called, I threatened to close my card (had not had a CLI in 5+ years, had great history including all my accounts with them, and have been approved for over well into the 5 figures in CCs in the last 45 days).  

Things to note is that they do NOT re-pull your credit report during a recon, and will not allow you to request they pull from a different CA.  In my case, they initially pulled TU which is the worst of the 3 for me.  They simply visit the items of interest and give you a chance to explain.

Moral of the story: don't let a denied CLI stop you from getting the increase you want / deserve if you truly believe you have a strong case for one with BoA.  They WILL work with you if you can accurately explain your situation and simply don't take no for an answer.

Message 6 of 11
JonStur
Established Contributor

Way to go!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

@Tempted2Pull wrote:

You must've treated the card nicely. Great job! Congratulations!!! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Thanks all! I charged the card and PIF every month. I actually got approved for for a Discover It card for 1500 a month prior so BOA must have reviewed my file and saw that and maybe that's why they upped my limit and unsecured it but who knows. I'll take it Smiley Happy 

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

When BOA declined your CLI request, exactly what did they say?  Did you speak to a credit analyst or an account manager?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.