Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of Delaware Charge Off

tag
Elmwood101

Bank of Delaware Charge Off

Hello Everyone!

I have a situation I am trying to deal with, and I have done a bunch of research but I'm hoping to get some advice on how to proceed.

I didn't realize it, due to stupidity, but I have a Bank of Delaware charge off on my Experian report. This charge off does NOT appear on my Equifax or TransUnion reports.

According to Experian, I owe a balance of $837 to Bank of Delaware. The negative hit on my credit report was due to this account being "Closed" on 7/2011 and purchased by a debt collector, LHR Inc. But on the report, after the initial charge off on 3/2007, there is a period of over 2 years where there was "No Data" being reported on the account, until 2009 sometime when Charge Off was reported until the 7/2011 date when it was reported as "Closed".

As far as I know, I haven't heard a peep from LHR Inc about this debt. They certainly would have been persistent in contacting me, correct? Back in 2009 I thought I had settled my various debts including this one, to the tune of around $10K total, but I can't seem to find my records. What a mess.

I'm hoping someone can give me advice on where to start. It seems suspicious. I have a Judgment from 2009 that I am trying to retrieve from the County Clerk to see if it is related to this - the dollar amount certainly seems to correlate.

Again, what a mess!! Any advice is appreciated. I will definitely clarify some things if anyone has questions for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.