Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy 5 Years Ago Come On Scores

tag
tbenz6876
New Contributor

Bankruptcy 5 Years Ago Come On Scores

Okay so I filed a Chapter 7 BK in Dec 2009 and it was discharged on Dec 22 2009. I have since gotten new accounts Chase CC 35k CL, MCCU 7500 CL, Cap One 1200, and Cap One - 300 CL. My overall credit Util is 14%. I have a 2500 a month car payment that I have not been late on since I got the car. - But for some reason my scores are still terrible EXP - 656, EQ 645, TransUnion - 573.

I have a 30 late almost 22 months ago on a personal loan and another on an auto loan the same month because I was out of the country and flat forgot to pay until I got a phone call. Some of the BK items are still showing up on my CR but they show Date of last activity of 2009 and everything else is blanked out. I flip houses so I have some paid off mortgages because my scores are not high enough to get a long term mortgage

Any ideas. I thought about calling a loan officer and giving them my FICO pull and see what it might be but no one will return my emails.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sirclownfish

Re: Bankruptcy 5 Years Ago Come On Scores

While I don't know to be impressed or jealous, since the rest of us who did so in 12/2009 took 5 or so months until you could get discharged, your difference in scores feels like a red flag.  Are you sure there weren't any issues or errors?  Were any of these accounts at issue prior to the bankruptcy?

I throw this out there, because this many years later, I'm still fighting the issues on my report that didn't just fall off already, and I now have NEW derogatories posted on my account within the last year, for accounts that were included in my 12/2009 chapter 7 myself.

Just finding out that one of the agencies changed my legal name last week without me knowing, I just want to throw out there to fully check every line and especally the one with the massive difference.

Message 2 of 6
cgussio
New Contributor

I was told the other day that 30 day lates impacted your report for 2 years. You say that you have 2 of them and both are less than 2 years old. That seems a likely culprit for your lower scores. Have you tried to GW those 2 lates?

What is on TU that isn't on the other 2 reports?

Message 3 of 6
tbenz6876
New Contributor

Everything that is show on EQ and TU are the same except the utililation on the CC. I guess some take longer to update than others.

Since the 2 30 lates were 22 months ago after the 24 month the score should bounce back up as long as the CC utilization stays below the 50% threashhold correct.

Message 4 of 6
tbenz6876
New Contributor

To answer the question that you asked EXP has to updates for 90 days late that were updated on 4/14. The score is 656. I called Wells Fargo and State Farm Bank and those company can't even find me in the system. It has more to do with why TU would be so low when nothing is in error on that  report. I am hoping that the 2 30 day lates that happened 22 months ago will fall off and the score will bounce back up.

Message 5 of 6
cgussio
New Contributor

Just to clarify, the 30 day lates will still be included in your CR they simply lose their "sting" after 24 months. Are all of the tradelines that were included in your bankruptcy marked as IIB? The only other thing that I can think of is to try and get your utiliziation below 10% and see if that helps your scores. I have played with my personal scores and found that I get best results when it is actually a bit lower (6%). That was before I added a couple of new cards so I'm not sure what my new sweet spot might be. I'm not planning on applying for anything though so I'm not too concerned. I played with it more out of curiousity.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.