Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy

Hi everyone.... I have a chapter 7 bankruptcy that is due to fall off October 2017 is there anyway to possibly get that removed early? Wanting to buy a house and would love to have that off my report even though not sure if it will help my mortgage scores or not since its been almost 10 years. Thanks for all your help..
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bankruptcy

rebuildinprogress1 wrote:
Hi everyone.... I have a chapter 7 bankruptcy that is due to fall off October 2017 is there anyway to possibly get that removed early? Wanting to buy a house and would love to have that off my report even though not sure if it will help my mortgage scores or not since its been almost 10 years. Thanks for all your help..

You could try the EE 6 months in advance, TU is most likely to grant it that far out, the other 2 you might have to wait till 1-3 months prior to the scheduled drop date

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your birthday quick reply
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is scheduled to fall off this July 2017 and was wondering the exact same thing. It was removed from my Experian CR a couple of years ago automatically. I didn't do anything and one move they removed my BK along with all negative information. My score went up 140 points overnight. No idea why. But the last negative I have is this BK 7 on EQ and TU only. It shows removal July 2017. I was curious if they'd removed early as I'd like to go mortgage shopping come April. Thanks.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine is scheduled to fall off this July 2017 and was wondering the exact same thing. It was removed from my Experian CR a couple of years ago automatically. I didn't do anything and one move they removed my BK along with all negative information. My score went up 140 points overnight. No idea why. But the last negative I have is this BK 7 on EQ and TU only. It shows removal July 2017. I was curious if they'd removed early as I'd like to go mortgage shopping come April. Thanks.

I had a CH 13 that was set to be removed in July 2017 and TU removed it last month when I asked for early exclusion.  I actually submitted the request online via their dispute tool and they decided to call them a few hours later because I saw others had called.  I called and spoke to a rep there and he told me that it had already been deleted that day.  I got a little overconfident and decided to try my luck with calling EQ and EX.  Neither of those two would delete it so early although one (can't remember which one) said that I could call back in June or July and they would remove it.  The other just said it was too soon.  Most people say EQ won't remove until one month before and EX will delete it three months before if I recall correctly.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pedro1, thanks. I've had good luck with TU and will try a dispute this afternoon for early exclusion. I probably won't bother with EQ. They seem to be impossible. I'll post my results. Worst case, I'm stuck waiting 3 more months until it should fall off automatically. Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.