Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Preapproval then Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Preapproval then Denial

Hey Guys, so I recently got a pre approval letter from Barclays card and decided to apply for it and unfortunately was rejected due to my bankcard balances being too high. A little bit about my credit history:

Got a Capital One Platinum card in March started out with $500 CL paid it on time every month got CLI up to $1500 then also now to $2000 and  with credit steps and it has a $1300 balance on it. Same thing for my Quicksilver card that I got in March started with $500 CL then went up to $1500 then $200 with Credit steps it has a $1300 balance on it. I also have a $500 credit one card that I got in March of this year. I have a credit builder loan from Bestbank for $1000 that still has a balance of $800 on it, and I have a Care credit card with a $2000 CLI and the balance is $1200. My bankruptcy was discharged October 2014. I'm wondering once I pay my credit one card down to $0, pay one of my capital one cards down to $0 should I reapply for barclays? They still send me the pre approval letter even though they just denied me. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Preapproval then Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys, so I recently got a pre approval letter from Barclays card and decided to apply for it and unfortunately was rejected due to my bankcard balances being too high. A little bit about my credit history:

Got a Capital One Platinum card in March started out with $500 CL paid it on time every month got CLI up to $1500 then also now to $2000 and  with credit steps and it has a $1300 balance on it. Same thing for my Quicksilver card that I got in March started with $500 CL then went up to $1500 then $200 with Credit steps it has a $1300 balance on it. I also have a $500 credit one card that I got in March of this year. I have a credit builder loan from Bestbank for $1000 that still has a balance of $800 on it, and I have a Care credit card with a $2000 CLI and the balance is $1200. My bankruptcy was discharged October 2014. I'm wondering once I pay my credit one card down to $0, pay one of my capital one cards down to $0 should I reapply for barclays? They still send me the pre approval letter even though they just denied me. Any thoughts?

I would suggest waiting until your accounts are aged a bit more. Barclays likes to see at least 12-18 months of recent payment history on a couple of accounts.

Wouldn't really hurt to try though, its only one inquiry on TU for Barclays.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Preapproval then Denial

Hi OP, not a good idea to cross post. You also have this listed in the "credit card" forum.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.